May 29, 2006

finding ocho

Remember this guy?? I posted this picture back in May 2005. My dream Ocho...what I was looking for in a pup...just a picture I found online...



Well...



Yep...that's Ocho...MY Ocho!! I saw him, and he was exactly what I've been looking for. Exactly. Looks pretty darn close to that first picture eh??? He wasn't a rescue dog, but he's got a good home now with lots of people that will love him to death!

We've already snapped a ton of pictures, of course...





Sleeping on the 2.5 hour drive home from Lubbock...




He's tiny...probably about 2 pounds so far. I'll be taking him in to the vet Tuesday, hopefully, to get all checked out...



He's found the toy box, and Little Man in none-too-happy that he has to share his toys now! But overall, the boys have taken to him fairly well. Foster is so big compared to Ocho, but they'll learn to work it all out...



This isn't a great pic, but I included it to show the size difference in him and Foster! (And Aspen's foot, which I think is bigger than Ocho!)

Here's the story, quick-version: went to Lubbock for the weekend, for a soccer tournament. We had the worst soccer experience ever, the girls ALL played poorly, and we lost all three games that we played. So, we did not advance to the Sunday games. However, we decided to just stay in Lubbock until the next day, and do some shopping before heading home. We went to the mall and I found some espadrilles to buy. Decided to shop around, and if I didn't find any other espadrilles that I liked better, we'd stop back by there on the way out to get them. Only this plan took a big detour!

We got to the very last leg of the mall...we were just about to turn around and head back, and noticed a pet store. Oh, let's just take a look. And there in the window, curled up in his little water bowl, was a black and brown chihuahua. We held him for a long long time, and talked. He was perfectly what I've been wanting. I had reservations about buying him from a pet store, because I've always heard that you shouldn't buy them there. But if I was planning to get one from the pound, there was no guarantee there what kind of dog I'd be getting either, and in a way I was still rescuing a dog, only from a store instead of a pound. He had only been at the store for one week, and he's eight weeks old. He was born on April 1st, which is the birthday of both of our other dogs! So it was meant to be...

A stop at PetSmart followed, lunch at Sonic outside at the picnic tables, and a 2.5 hour drive home, which he spent sleeping.

His first night home was better than I thought it would be...into the crate at 11:30 pm, and he slept through until 5:30 am. So about 6 hours.

Our home of near-geriatric dogs has been given a boost of energy, let me tell you! Life as we know it will be different now...we'll see how it goes!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! So so sweet :)

Anonymous said...

He is a doll ~ pic number 2 is my fav. Keep us posted on all the fun he brings to you guys ~ is he ever lucky!

Alice the Brit said...

me too - pic #2 with those adorable legs hanging over the side, you should send that one in to cuteoverload.com!!

Alice and her 2cuties Twix and Twiz
twixandtwiz.com

Kim :) said...

Ohhh I LOVE Ocho!! I can't wait to meet him in person. He is exactly what I thought he would look like. :) How sweet. I am so excited that you finally found him!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new puppy! I see you have three dogs now. We have 2 and I'm thinking of adding a #3. Especially after seeing your pics of Ocho and seeing a friend's little JRT pup the other day. We have 2 chocolate labs and I think it would be so fun to have a little lap dog. Hope all is going well.

Post a Comment