August 28, 2014

Currently

CHRIS
:: Working | He is working hard on his side project, dreaming big, growing himself and the project. His time at work is spent managing the chaos -- he manages a large group of people and is constantly in meetings. He is very good at what he does, including growing his people.

:: Running | Most days, he will run from our office toward our house, and I will pick him up on my way home after I get done with my own workout. That typically gets him around 4-5 miles. He will soon begin half marathon training, and has a second group of people ready to train for their own race.This one will be in San Antonio in early December.

:: Landscaping | He and Neeley have been hard at work on our back yard. They are creating a dry creek bed area, and a few flagstone sidewalks/patios. It is looking so nice!! He is a workhorse and loves to putter outside.

:: Reading | He is not an avid or speedy reader, but he has been keeping his Kindle charged so he can read "Louder Than Words" by Andy Stanley. He is really loving the book, and it is slapping him around a bit. He likes that :)

ASPEN
:: Working | She is winding down her time at Olive Garden and will begin her training at Dillards on 9-9-14. She is excited to not have to wear her black uniform any longer; she can't wait to wear real, pretty clothes to work. She found some black flats to wear to work, and I had to giggle because they are a "comfortable" shoe brand. A sure sign that she is getting old -- comfort wins! She will be working in the junior department. It should be a good fit for her.

:: Exercising | She has been doing the same workout plan that I am doing, and has been a bit sore! But we are proud of her for doing it. She, too, will soon begin her training for the San Antonio half marathon.

:: Socializing | This college girl is never home these days; she is living it up in her newfound freedom! She currently has a curfew but she no longer has to ask us to do things or tell us her daily plan. We wanted her to have as close to a "college experience" as possible while still living at home. She is making friends in her classes, and went to her first College Park event last night. Instead of Youth for church, she is now in the college group. She really enjoyed that and is looking forward to joining a D Group. Between school, work and church, she is going to be quite busy.

:: Reading | We bought three college books last night and they will be delivered soon. We rented them through Amazon.com, and we will send them back at the end of the semester. So, there is a lot of reading on her near horizon! In terms of casual reading, she goes through phases of enjoying it and not enjoying it...the last book she read was Divergent, and I'm not sure she got through the whole thing!

MIMI
:: Working | She has been enjoying her new job at CVS...she is getting the hang of the register, and they are giving her good hours. The extra money should be very helpful with her medical bills. It's getting her out of the house and back around people, and that's good for her.

:: Eating | She had gained a few pounds at her last doctor visit, but she is down a few again. She basically exists on greek yogurt, whatever I cook for dinner, and about 3 servings of some sort of ice cream. And Diet Coke. Need to get her eating more, and more consistently.

:: Watching | Her favorite show is currently in progress -- Big Brother. Beyond that, she is watching Days of Our Lives and The Big Bang Theory.

:: Reading | She is not a fan of reading, but I did hear her mention last night that she had bought a magazine and was looking forward to reading it. I'm not sure which magazine! But that is something new!

KELLEY
:: Working | My days are quite full, and I am beginning a process of determining whether I can justify a need for an additional employee. Fingers crossed! As it is currently, I have zero time to build up and grow my employees, which I feel is an important aspect of being a leader. I am too busy "doing work".

:: Scrapbooking | I am really capitalizing on my new found drive to get my scrapbook pages completed! I have scrapbooked more this month alone than I have in the past year put together. I'll be gone for a week in St. Louis, but I plan to jump right back into it when I return! And by then, I'll have a whole new big batch of photos that need to be scrapbooked from the trip!

:: Watching | I am very excited to see who the SYTYCD winner is! It will be next Wednesday, and we have plans that evening in St. Louis...so I probably won't be able to watch it until we return home. So, delaying the suspense!! Once this show is over, I will be show-less once again. I'm just not into tv. About all I need is my recordings of Friends!

:: Reading | I just started the J.K. Rowling book "Casual Vacancy". She is the Harry Potter author, and this is her first adult novel. I am a huge Harry Potter fan, so I am hopeful that she can pull this story off just as well. I'm barely into it but should be able to do a good bit of reading on our road trip to the Lou. This can be my night reading, since it is on my Kindle. I can save my magazines for daytime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment