April 09, 2017

Weekend Recap

Whew...it was a very full weekend here!

:: Friday after work, Kim and I headed off to Dallas for our Bestie Getaway!! For my birthday this year, Kim gave me tickets to see the Broadway musical Kinky Boots! We were very excited for our experience together! We drove to Los Colinas to our hotel and found something quick to eat. Then spent the rest of our evening chatting while being comfy in our beds! The next morning, we had breakfast at Panera (yum!) and then did a little shopping. We had a mission of finding Kim the dress she would wear to her daughter Kelsey's upcoming weekend. She's not had much luck, and we were very excited when we found the dress! It is very pretty, and I was happy to be there when she found it! Then we made our way to Music Theater at Fair Park in Downtown Dallas...and after a little parking mishap, we decided on valet and just got out at the front door :) The musical was so fun! It was bright colors and good music and the story was fun. Loved it!! From there, we stopped at Uncle Julio's for an early dinner before making the drive back to Abilene. We thoroughly enjoyed our bestie time...I am so blessed to have her in my life, and I really cherished our little getaway together!!!

:: Saturday, I got home around 8:00 pm...and then I made Mimi's birthday cake! This year, she requested the chocolate cherry cake that my mom turned us on to...mmmmm!!! I got it all baked and ready. That evening, Chris and Mimi were enjoying her birthday gift...tickets to see Charlie Price in concert at The Lumberyard in Roscoe, TX! Charlie Price is the first black country singer from back in the day, and he did not disappoint! In his 80s and still going strong! They had a lot of fun. The Lumberyard is an outdoor place -- it used to be an actual lumberyard that they turned in to a bar/venue. There were about 3000 people there!

:: Sunday, I agreed to take photos at a bridal shower for a friend's niece...it was at The Mill, and Kim and I tag-teamed it. That was from about 2:00 - 3:30. From there, I did the grocery shopping and once I got it all unloaded and put away, we then headed to Mimi's birthday dinner! Aspen joined us this year, and we also stopped to pick up our friend, Nick, who is in town for a company meeting this week. He and Mimi chat on Facebook regularly, and he was excited to be a part of the festivities! We went to Red Lobster and had way too much good food! Then we enjoyed the cake I made...mmmm mmmm!!! All in all, I'd say that Mimi had a great 67th birthday!

:: Now...winding our Sunday down and getting ready for another work week. A short one! We are off on Friday for Good Friday -- yay!!!! Plus, everyone will be back from the incentive trip, so I will no longer need to do two jobs. BIG TIME YAY!!!!!

Have a great week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment