May 11, 2017

Howdy!

Hello blog world...we are nearing Friday and that is a happy thought!

Chris has mailed my hard drive to the recovery company. They have something like a 92% success rate, so please say some big prayers for recovery!!! I'm not sure how long it will take. We've never done this before. There is a chance of them being able to recover some or all data, and there is also a chance of them repairing the hard drive and me being able to continue using my laptop. Fingers crossed.

Work has been incredibly productive this week and I love that...lots of to-do lists and things being marked off. The chaos is being managed. We have Casual Day today and also Friday! That helps, too. I am quite ready for 5:00 though...being so productive, my brain is tired for sure!

In the evenings, I have been relaxing this week -- which has been nice. I finished Fate of Perfection -- about halfway through this book, I contemplated setting it aside and not finishing. I have a self-proclaimed rule about finishing books. But then, I am starting to feel that time is valuable and limited, and why waste it reading something I don't love? I just couldn't quit it though. I finished it up and it was average. The concept was ok, but I felt the writing was generic; also, the ending was very rushed, and could have been expanded quite a bit. At any rate...didn't love it, didn't hate it. Now I am starting my book club book -- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society --the format of this one is letters back and forth between multiple people, set in the 40s. Should be interesting. Lots of people seem to love this, so we shall see!

I've also been watching Thirteen Reasons Why on Netflix...for those that don't know, this is a Netflix original series and deals with a lot of current teenage issues -- bullying, texting crude photos, suicide, rape, etc. Here's the premise: the teenage girl who committed suicide leaves behind 13 cassette tapes. Each tape is the story of 1 of 13 people who are the reasons she chose to end her life. The tapes are given to these thirteen people. Beyond that, I'm still learning. I'm a little more than halfway through the season. It is pretty intense, and let me just say I am so glad I am not a high school student today. I am also glad that I don't have a daughter in school today...thankfully those years are over. We dealt with some of these issues a few years ago, and I think it is even worse now. I did hear that the show was picked up for a second season...which confuses me based on the premise. But, we shall see what I think once I am through all 13 episodes.

This weekend, we don't really have any plans which is nice! Chris will have a few long triathalon workouts, and I need to try to finish up the scrapbook I'm working on. I also need to begin working on a digital wedding album that my friend Jyl asked me to make for her daughter! That will be so fun!! Beyond that...relaxing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment