May 07, 2017

Weekend Recap

Here we are at Sunday, 6:00 p.m. The weekend is nearing its end. :(

Friday, Chris had a 2 hour bike ride. After I had the Leadercast most of the day, I was a bit behind on work (again? still?) and so decided to work until 6:00. I made a little headway, and will tackle more on Monday. When we both got home, we decided to stay in and find something to eat at the house...it was a quiet evening, which was nice.

Saturday, Chris had another long workout -- this time a swim/run combo. While he was gone, I worked on a lot of things...cleaned the house; did the laundry; put in my online grocery order; took a bath with a bath bomb; wrapped a gift; etc! He got home and did the yard work, then we went to dinner at the Natural Food Restaurant, which was yummy. Then we headed back home to spend the evening with Nadene and Jon...they came over to sit outside around our firepit, and we enjoyed chatting and drinking some wine...love those two!!

Sunday, yes -- Chris had another long combo workout -- this time a ride/run combo. I picked up my groceries, stopped at a few other places, and then came home to do meal prep for the week. I am super happy to have all the cooking done for the week ahead. I also finished cleaning (left the kitchen for today, since I knew I'd be making a big mess!).

Now we are winding down and getting ready for the week ahead. It should hopefully be a slow, steady week for us. Fingers crossed. I do have an eye appointment on Monday morning and am getting my hair done on Tuesday evening...but otherwise, a normal week. Chris has a new hire starting tomorrow, so that is exciting and should hopefully help to alleviate some stress on his end!!

In other news...

I am reading Fate of Perfection, which was a free Kindle First book. Some are good, some are so-so. This one isn't the greatest...the writing is very basic and I'm getting a little tired of it. I'm now 65% done though, so feel I should finish it to see how the story ends up. The concept is ok...just wish the writing was better! I also have our next book club book on tap...

I'm watching Thirteen Reasons Why, which is a Netflix original series. I'm going to reserve judgment until I am done watching, but it is dealing with teenage suicide and bullying and social media...very heavy topics. We shall see where it goes.

I'm wanting to check out John Mayer's new cd to see if it's something I want to purchase...maybe I can check it out this week. It's very difficult not having a laptop!!! Borrowing Chris' is difficult because he is almost always on it!! He is going to send the hard drive of my laptop to a company that specializes in retrieving data...fingers crossed that they are able to get off what we need!! Then we'll have to figure out about getting me something new. Sigh.

Hope you all have a great week ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment