May 06, 2018

Relaxing Weekend in Fredericksburg

So, after six months of intense triathlon training, Chris decided he was ready for a relaxing weekend in our favorite place -- Fredericksburg!

Of course, I was up for that!

We went out for my birthday dinner with Mimi on Friday evening...I decided I wanted SzeChuan! Mmmmm, it so was tasty! We had a nice time together there, and then went back to the townhouse for gifts and ice cream cake. So, so good!!! Mimi gave me money so that I can buy some Young Living oils that I've been wanting to try so I can't wait to put that order in!!!

Saturday morning, Chris and I headed out early and made the short drive without incident. We went to The Brewery for a delicious lunch and then headed out to Grape Creek to enjoy a bottle of wine and the lovely atmosphere there. We then stopped at 4.0 Winery for a bit of time spent in the rocking chairs on their porch, ahhhh! So relaxing. Then we went to check in to our room.

Chris chose a hotel room at a small hotel right off Main Street. It has 22 rooms, and they are decorated quite eclectically. Our room was the Waylon Jennings rooms and it was cute! There are pics on my Instagram if you'd like to see. It was small, but clean and the bed was quite comfy!

We had dinner at August E, which has the most delicious sushi!!! It was a great evening there, followed by a little time at Lincoln Street and then the goth bar. We made it to midnight, which is good for us old folks!

Sunday, we slept in a bit and then walked a few blocks to get some doughnuts. After spending a little time in our room and packing up, we then walked Main Street and looked in the shops. Then we had lunch at a new place to us, which was tasty but a bit slow service. After the drive home, we've been spending the evening doing normal Sunday things -- laundry, groceries, etc.

Now, onto a new week! Hope you all have a great one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment