June 17, 2018

Happy Father's Day

Today, we celebrate all the dads and special men in the world, and I sure have a lot to celebrate! Some are no longer here to hug, and I sure do miss them...my dad, my step-dad, and my grandpa, Joe.  I'm sending virtual hugs to m grandpa, Al, my mom's hubby, Randy, and my Clarence...love you all so much!

And, of course, my amazing hubby!!! There is no one I'd rather do this life with...thank you for all you do for our family!

Our weekend has been very low-key...Friday evening, after Chris swam a very long swim, we met at Jason's Deli for a delicious salad bar dinner. Saturday, Chris had another long workout and I went to Kohl's for a few things and then stopped at the Natural Food store. That evening, we went to the Flea Market (it is the third weekend of every month), but there was not much there at all. It was a little sad. So, we nixed that idea, and then later went out to dinner at a new (to us) Mexican restaurant in a little town of Winters. It's about 20 minutes away, in the opposite direction of Abilene. It takes us about 20 minutes to get to Abilene, too, so we decided it was worth a try. It was ok, but we still like the little whole in the wall Mexican place in our tiny town the best. So, we probably won't be going back there.

Sunday, after Chris runs for 90 minutes, we are going to meet Mimi, Aspen, and Geordon at Sharon's BBQ for a Father's Day lunch. Before then, I am doing laundry and going to our little grocery store in town. I am also looking forward to my weekly call with my grandma, in the two o'clock hour :)

Update on our Ocho -- it's day by day. We've had to give him pain pills the past few days, so we think the tumor inside is growing and making things very uncomfortable in his abdomen. The growth inside is pushing out the bumps on his side, starting to make it a little difficult for him to walk since those are on his hip and it's very tight there. Neither of us has ever had to "make the call" in a situation like this...and it's very hard to know when the right time will be. It doesn't feel like it's time yet, but we feel that it may be close.

The week ahead -- Chris is having dinner with his boss on Tuesday evening; Chris has a business trip to New Mexico Wednesday/Thursday; Friday, we are off work in the afternoon and are driving to Lubbock to help our friends from Joplin, MO, work a booth at the Buffalo Springs 70.3 Half Ironman Expo. Here's to a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment