December 30, 2018

Our Weekend and 2018 Wrap Up

Well...here I sit, Sunday evening...still in Fred. We are enjoying a lovely long weekend here, and won't be heading back to Abilene until Tuesday. It's been lots of fun and lots of relaxing so far. You know we love it here.

Friday evening, we took Aspen and her boyfriend, Geordon, to a celebratory dinner at Copper Creek - she moved this weekend to Arlington to move in with him and start a new chapter. His friend, Justin, came along too and he was a hoot! He was the muscle to help them move Aspen's stuff, and we enjoyed our time with the three of them. We are very happy for them and are excited to see what the future holds for them. It was an emotional evening, but happy.

We left Saturday morning for Fred...and we were able to stop in the town of Coleman to shop at a store called Bonneville. It's a mid-century store and we've been wanting to stop here for awhile. But we usually go to Fred Friday evening and they are already closed. We spent a good amount of time there, going through everything. It was like a mid-century Disney Land!!! We bought a few small goodies (vintage mirror, silver tray, orange pillow) and then when the guy there mentioned he was moving a coworker down to Kerrville on Sunday (which is about 20 minutes past Fred) and that he'd be willing to deliver anything for us, well that changed everything! So we decided to buy the dresser we had our eye on, for the master bedroom. It's perfect! It's a Stanley and very well made, and in very good condition. Success! We will be stopping again for sure.

The rest of Saturday was spent in Fred relaxing. Sunday, we went to church and then our dresser was delivered. After some laundry, we met our friends Don and Pam for free wine. Another great day!

I did do a little online shopping -- I spent the Christmas money from my grandma :) I decided to get a record player! It's a whiteVictrola - new but looks vintage. It also has bluetooth capabilities, so I can connect it to my phone and play music from there as well. And for my first record, I got one of Fleetwood Mac. Can't wait to get it! I also really needed a new winter coat, because the little jacket I wear isn't cutting it! So I found a black North Face puffer coat as well.

For New Year's Eve tomorrow, we are going to get some sushi for dinner and then we have tickets to a party with a live country band and we plan to do some dancing! Then there is a champagne toast at midnight and then they serve breakfast! Looking forward to putting a bow on 2018 and moving forward into the new year.

Speaking of 2018 -- this will be a pretty short wrap up. In general, for me, it was a year that felt pretty unsettled and I had a lot of anxiety -- both things I plan to focus on in 2019. With that being said, the goals I set for 2018 weren't really very fruitful. None of them. And that's ok. But I don't need to break them down because there's not much to say. I've learned that I am an anxious eater...and the more anxiety I felt, the more I ate. So 2019 needs to have a focus on health. Because I am a long way from that. Chris and I have also decided to pick One Word to focus on in 2019, and my word is going to be TRUST. Trusting in God to teach me to lessen my anxiety and grow my peace. Trusting in God to settle us in the things he is working out for us. Trusting in God to walk with me in my journey to health. The word can cover so many different things, and instead of trying to control everything I want to work on trusting.

Are you ready for the new year????

No comments:

Post a Comment