December 08, 2019

Weekend Update

The Christmas holiday is upon us! I'm feeling fairly festive this year, which is nice! I typically don't really enjoy decorating, etc. But this year, we bought some new mid-century style decorations, and are keeping things minimal. And I love it all so much! Less is definitely more with me, and I think traditional decorating was just overwhelming for me. This year has been good.

I also have most gifts bought, and wrapped and under the tree. Check!

I am off this coming Friday and I will finish things up. Looking forward to the day off and to checking the rest of the things off my list.

We had a very nice weekend here, and the weather was soooo nice.

: Friday evening was the Christmas parade! We have never been to it, and it was so magical. We really enjoyed it! We met our friends for wine beforehand, and then we set up at Jason's truck, which was parked on Main, to watch the parade go by. There were 130 floats, and everything was lit up and so pretty! There were sooooo many people there...we had to park 4 blocks off Main, in the HEB grocery store parking lot! After the parade, we had dinner with the Banks family at Jennie's...yum!!!

: Saturday, we drove to Brady to meet Kim and her family for our annual Christmas card photo shoot! Brady is about halfway between Abilene and Fred, and we spent an hour taking some cute photos! Then we all had lunch at Mac's BBQ before heading back to our respective towns. Ordered our Christmas card that evening!

: When we got back to town, we went to Becker for some wine, then walked Main a bit...then we met up with the Banks and Stefanovs for wine and wonderful conversation :) Then, we all had dinner at the Brewery, which was lovely (except I spilled my water!!).

: Sunday, after church, we did our chores...and now I am getting stuff ready for the week ahead.

: I'm getting my hair done on Wednesday; Chris has a doctor's appointment on Thursday; I am off Friday; Saturday, we may be going to San Antonio for a half marathon that Aspen may be running; Sunday we will be heading to Abilene to spend Monday-Thursday at the home office for the big meeting and party week. Lots going on that week; we better rest up now!!!

Hope you are all well, and are getting into the fun spirit of the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment