January 23, 2006

movie review

So...I was a little worried that I was going to be let down about Memoirs of a Geisha...since I had built it up so much in my mind...

But I LOVED it!

It was a fabulous movie...a great story that really didn't change much between the book and the movie. It's also been a few years since I've read the book, so it wasn't as fresh in my mind for "comparison"...the acting was splendid (I love that main girl), and the movie itself was so beautiful. I loved every minute of it.

And Chris liked it too, so that's a huge compliment to the movie. It takes a lot to get his stamp of approval! :)

Definitely worth seeing...it's a great love story, and the whole geisha life is an interesting one to behold. All of the back stabbing, all of the discipline, all of the rules. And I love how one singular, brief moment in this woman's life when she was a young girl, changed the entire course of her life. It blows my mind to think in those terms...how perhaps one instant in my life has brought me to this very point right now.

My favorite part of the movie: her big geisha dance, where she is the headliner...that performance is simply amazing, so beautiful and full of passion. I was mesmerized.

Loved it!!

2 comments:

Kim :) said...

Ohh, I am so glad to hear this movie didn't let you down! I really want to see this.. I may have to make a trip to the teather for a movie by myself. lol Unless I can twist Garys arm into going with me.. I can always tell him Chris went and liked it... so that may just bring him around! :)

Paddle Out for Whales said...

Sounds great- I am looking forward to seeing it now. I haven't seen a good movie in ages. Might have to talk Dan into a date night with a chick flick....I don't think it would take much comvincing either- he actually likes his chick flicks.

Post a Comment