March 15, 2006

i recommend

{saw this on another blog and thought it was a good topic for today...}

TEN THINGS I RECOMMEND

1 :: Memoires of a Geisha -- if you haven't seen this movie, you need to watch it...and then afterwards, you must read the book. Totally amazing book too...

2 :: Moose Tracks Ice Cream -- if you like chocolate and peanut butter, you've got to try this. My favorite brand is the Walgreens generic brand. Yum-o!

3 :: Big Purses -- really it's the only way to go. I'm able to always have my camera with me, I've got an adorable organizer now instead of a wallet, I can put a bottle of water in there...and still have room to spare!

4 :: Green Apple Candles -- they smell so crisp...I love having one in every room. In addition, I recommend having only one scent for your home at a time...a cohesive smell throughout!

5 :: Mod Podge -- if you're a scrapbooker, this stuff rocks. It glues paper to frames and makes it feel like it's the actual frame. That totally impressed me! It can be used for anything...

6 :: Knitting -- it's a huge stress reliever! (once you get it figured out and know what you're doing!)...and you can do it while you're watching tv or talking, etc...

7 :: Finding friends to scrapbook with (or finding friends who share your passion)...I am so inspired by the ladies in my scrapbook group. I love getting together once a month, talking, seeing what they're working on, and just bonding with other women who share my passion.

8 :: Listening to a cd from your past...something that you used to listen to all of the time, over and over again. See what kind of memories it brings back. Be amazed that you still know every single word. Reconnect with that part of yourself...

9 :: Totally do NOT keep track of how many people have already gotten Hall of Fame calls on the message boards because you will drive yourself totally 100% crazy! I've been glued to it all day long. 19/25 called so far. I'm dying here. :(

10 :: Display the things that you love...surround yourself with visual things that make you smile, place things where you will see them often...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great post!

2 ~ would love to but best not.

3, 7, 8 10 ~ already there with you!

9 ~ HOK ~ your already there!

SuburbanMom said...

1, 3, 7, 8, 10 -- totally agree with.

Some of the others I want to try!

:)

Kim :) said...

Loved this post. :)

Moose Tracks ice-cream MMMMM My favorite!!! Makes me want some right now! I know it isn't much help, but you are always one of my personal HOFers!!

Jackie said...

What a great list! Can't wait to see Memoirs, and I might just go by Walgreens on the way home and buy some Moose Tracks...like I really need THAT!

Couldn't agree more with keeping visual

Post a Comment