April 23, 2006

dooms day

THIRTY.

It's hard to believe...

How can I possibly be thirty today??

I'm officially an "adult" now...a real adult.

Not the fake adult you become at 18, when you THINK you know everything and THINK you have the world by the ass.

But a real adult...with responsibilities and wrinkles and gray hairs. When you KNOW that you don't know hardly anything at all, and you KNOW that the world just doesn't go according to plans.

Okay, thirties...what do you have in store for me??? I guess we're about to find out...


(be sure to continue scrolling down to read a big ole post from Sunday, complete with lots of pics!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my dear friend!! You make 30 sound so gloomy. Speaking as someone who has been 30 for 5 months longer than you have, so far so good...lol! "They" say your thirties is better than your twenties. I have no idea who "they" are, but I'm willing to believe it's gotta be better than our 20s. Eeek. Anyway, here's wishing you the best year yet!! I love you!!

Jackie said...

Happy happy birthday!! Dooms Day my rear... I turned 30 3 years and 5 months ago. And I'm still kicking. I believe Amy is right about the 30's being better than the 20s. While 30 isn't old by any means, you do have more knowledge, experience and perspective in your 30s. I think it's when you really feel comfortable to be you and if people like it, fine, if not, they can kiss it!
: )

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Kim :) said...

Happy Birthday to you!! Happy 30th Birthday to you!! Happy Birthday, Dear Kelley... Happy 30th Birthday to you!

30 is going to be great! May your 30s be the best years so far for you!

Anonymous said...

Thirty ~ plan to have a great time with thirty!

Post a Comment