April 23, 2006

picture post

Are you ready for a long Sunday post? A weekend recap? Let's get started...

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Saturday was the monthly crop, and I had a ton of fun. My friend Pam was a great hostess, I ate so much good food, I got 8 pages completed, and on top of all that, it was my birthday month, so I got all my gifts from the girls. Such beautiful gifts! I am so so lucky to have all of these ladies in my life...

Below is one of my favorite pages from the day. This is a direct scraplift of Marie Cox's layout (also below). When I saw her layout, I was blown away...I think it is honestly one of my favorite layouts I have ever seen ANYONE do. And I emailed her to tell her this! (Like she cares!) Anyhow, I couldn't wait to scraplift it...and while mine doesn't have quite the same "wow" factor that hers does, I still like the outcome...and really, how can you resist Foster's sweet face?!



Page by Kelley


Inspiration page by Marie Cox

This is the other layout that I really liked from the day. The rest of them were "get it done" pages...so these are the only two I'm sharing here! :) I was given that flower as a "challenge" by the hostess...if we used it on a page, we got to draw a prize...I'm always up for that!


Page by Kelley

These are my scrapbook buddies...all of them were such a fundamental part of celebrating my birthday...love these girls!! L-R: Terry (the other April birthday girl); me; Julie; Paula; Pam; Janet; Kim...



::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Now, let me show you the beautiful, creative gifts I received! I was so thrilled with everything...my girls are talented!!!!!




This adorable lunchbox/storage box was made by Kim...isn't is darling!? My scrapbook room is pink and green, so of course all of these gifts follow that color scheme...LOVE that big pink flower! And I'm a big fan of that ribbon handle! The little charm says "I Love Scrapping"...ain't that the truth! Thank you, Ms. Kim, for making me something so dang beautiful! It will be displayed with pride!



This was made by Terry...a big ole fat jar with ribbons...and handmade cards inside. So perfect!



Now...this I have never seen anywhere before, so I don't know if this was an original idea or not...but I thought it was very creative! Julie made a magnetic display board out of a baking sheet! And filled the magnetic holders with cute little pink and green doodads...it looks so cute hanging in my room!



This little purse...it was made by me! This is what I'm making the birthday girls this year...each one different colors to match their scrapbook room. The above one if mine...I did it first so that I could figure out what the heck I was doing! This is the front, and the image below is the back...



And the two images below are the front and back of the purse I made for Terry...



The pages are laminated, but it really isn't strong enough to hold much inside...so it's more for display...



::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Now...let's move onto the soccer tournament! Saturday, while I was at the crop all day, Chris and Aspen went to a little town about 2 hours away for a soccer tournament with our team...they played so awesome yesterday, I was sad to miss the games. They made it to the finals Sunday morning, which I was able to watch. I drove out there after the crop, spent the night with them, and went to the game today. They ended up in 2nd place overall in the tournament, but it was a good game. The girls are so talented...it's fun to watch!

Below is a pic of the team with their 2nd place trophies:



Here is Chris with his assistant coach Stephen, with their coach's trophy...



And these girls just amaze me. Look at their form! They look like they really know what they're doing, don't they! I love capturing the big, graceful kicks in action...it's my favorite part of soccer photography...below is Cassidy and then Katie...





::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

And there you have it...my weekend in a long nutshell...in three more hours, I'll officially be 3-0...

2 comments:

Kim :) said...

Enjoyed the post and all the pictures. :)

Congratulations to Chris and the team! I am so glad you were able to be there on Sunday to watch some of the games! Those action shots of the girls kicking are so cool! Love those.

The crop as so much fun! I had a great day. And really enjoyed seeing all the gifts you received. I love the gift that you are making for everyone! I don't want to wait until September for mine!!!!!

I beg to differ that your layout didn't have the "wow" factor that Maria Cox does! They are both wonderful layouts! And the others you finished WERE worthy of sharing ma'am!

Hope you are enjoying your day!

Anonymous said...

Loved the gift you got from Kim and the purse you are making everyone is so creative!

Post a Comment