April 02, 2006

a few things



Yep...this is what I had for dinner Friday night! :) Cookie Don'cha Want Some is what this is called. Friday was our monthly luncheon at work, so Chris and I were both still pretty full from that. We decided to forego dinner altogether and just head to Coldstone Creamery. This was YUM-O!



After our very healthy dinner, we watched "Prime"...it was a good movie, about a 37 year old woman dating a 23 year old man, and his mother just happens to be her shrink. Very funny and cute. But afterwards, I was left with a sad feeling. Because the real gist of the movie was this: Life gets in the way of Love. There's the cloud9, passionate beginning of a relationship; there's the discovery of who this person is; there's the disappointment when it's realized that the person doesn't exactly match up to your vision of who they are; there's the cohabitation where all those little things come up that add tension to the relationship; there's the everyday mundane stuff that takes away the golden glow of love. It seems to be the natural flow of relationships, for everyone. It's disheartening.

Saturday was a fairly full day...Chris ran 12 miles in the morning, and I went to Kim's garage sale. It was good to spend a little time with her and Gary, and I came away with a cute stamp set and some scrapbook magazines. Woo hoo! Our soccer game was at 10:15, and we won...afterwards, we stayed to watch our two rivals play one another. Chris wanted to girls to see how to shut them down next week! Came away from my few hours out there with a bit of a sunburn, of course. From here, Chris and I went to lunch at Taco Bueno, then I shopped at Hobby Lobby for my next Bunko prize. Everything was pretty much 1/2 off, so I ended up finishing up prizes for my prize basket for the May crop that I'm hosting. Fun fun!




And then I headed to the movies with my movie girls Angie and Lori to see Failure to Launch. Had some movie theater popcorn, and it was a cute movie. Much funnier than I thought it would be. They are both more attractive than the law should allow! All in all, it was definitely worth seeing...

Hope your weekend was good!

1 comment:

Kim :) said...

I think Ice Cream is a perfectly acceptable Meal!! And let me just say that picture looks delicious, even at 9:00 AM!! :)

I will have to put both of those movies on my must see list!! :)

Relationships can indeed be a struggle to keep lively, fun and fresh. Takes a lot of time on both ends, but is well worth it I'd say.

I was glad to see you come by the garage sale as well, I really enjoyed seeing your completed pages you brought along for me to look at. They are all wonderful, and the ones you claimed unworthy to share on your blog were great as well!

Have a wonderful Monday!

Post a Comment