April 07, 2006

why oh why



It's for a good cause...but why, oh why, does the Relay for Life have to be the same week as daylight savings time??? And the week of my most stressful, busy work-week ever?

I'm dragging big time already...and will be out in the wind and cold walking at 4:00 a.m.

I napped for about a half hour when I got home from work this evening. That was kind of nice, actually. Then went to Johnny Carinos with Chris and Aspen and had a nice dinner. Now we're home, and I'm wondering if it's smart to go to sleep and get up in time for the walking, or if it's better to just stay awake.

The jury is still out.

I don't think I'll make it straight through though, I'm a huge sleep wimp. I'll probably go to bed for a little bit...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Edited to add: well, the phone rang at 12:04...they cancelled the rest of the Relay, because it was so cold and extremely windy. So...we got a full night of sleep! No walking/running for us...

2 comments:

Kim :) said...

Gary and I were talking about you guys this morning, wondering how it went through the cold wind last night! Brrr.. I Hope the time passed quickly for you.

Yes, if it weren't for a good cause it would make it much worse!

Good for you both on joining the cause! Hope you can get some rest today.

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I know you did it! Take a nap today before all of the other Saturday activities ~ you will need it!

Post a Comment