May 08, 2006

loot, license plates, & a cherry icee



So, here it is...a stash of goodies to start creating our Tahiti scrapbook! I spent WAY too much time at Hobby Lobby this evening, that's for sure. :)

I wanted to get papers that were bright and fun. Not necessarily completely beachy. I thought about getting some paper that looked like sand, but I wanted to steer away from that. I love that these papers look a little worn...they're already texturized. Love that! Found a hodge podge of beachy doodads to use throughout too, so we'll see how it all turns out!

Thank you, Amy, for the Hobby Lobby gift card! If you can believe it, what you see above is your gift card + another $10 gift card + a little of my own money!

And this...




This is my next project. Or I should say continuing project, revamped. Every year I do a t-shirt design for Dronda's family reunion...I worked something up with the original idea she gave me, but it didn't go over very well! Luckily, in the graphic design profession, I am quite used to people telling me it isn't what they were expecting, changing their minds, starting from scratch! :) (Dronda, I love you!!) The new idea is to revolve the artwork and reunion information around the Arkansas license plate (that's where the reunion is held)...back to the drawing board...I'll have something for you to look at soon! It was wonderful getting to chat with you this evening for a little bit...and I will definitely be checking out our schedule for the next few months...we've will definitely find a weekend to get you down here to Texas!!!

Life is good...had a cherry Icee while I shopped at Hobby Lobby, had cereal for dinner. Can't beat that!!

4 comments:

Kim :) said...

yeah!! SO glad to see that you did find some goodies at Hobby Lobby! That is great. :) And from the looks of things there you are going to have a wonderful album when your done! I can't wait to see it.

I can't wait to see the t-shirt design you come up with also! Should be interesting :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad you were able to spend the gift card. But it just doesn't seem like much with the amount of money you spent. Geez, isn't anything affordable these days?? Anyway, sounds like you have enough to keep you designing and scrapping for a while. Can't wait to see how everything turns out!

Jackie said...

Love that paper too, I have all that same stuff at home! Isn't that funny? Can't wait to see the album.

Also a little weird that Chris is getting home the same day Kenneth is leaving for his conference.

Can't wait to see the license plate t-shirt design. I know you'll come up with something really cool.

Anonymous said...

PTS you is the bestest! And I love what you have to get that album done ~ can't wait to see it!!!

Post a Comment