June 14, 2006

early favorites

So You Think You Can Dance? Who's with me??? Anybody else watching??

I was looking on the website today, and saw that they had the contestants up finally. So I had to do my "early favorites" post...now, granted, looking through the 20 contestants, there were a lot that I didn't even recognize. I think they picked some of their favorites to showcase on the show so far, and some of the others haven't gotten as much air time. Which is typical...but of course, it skews my early judgement! So with that said, here are my picks SO FAR...




I totally love this girl, Donyelle...she has IT. IT IT IT. Love watching her dance.




Now, these two...Heidi and Benji...I don't necessarily know how far they'll go in the competition, but these two together (they're cousins) can SWING like there's no tomorrow! So entertaining, high energy, fun. I think they'll do good in the more formal stuff like ballroom, salsa, etc...hip hop and lyrical will be interesting to see though! I also really like Benji's "story"...he fell into a serious depression over a girl who was supposed to wait for him but instead sent him an invitation to her wedding to another man...he hit bottom...and then when he saw Nick win the competition next year, his life took on a new purpose and he was able to bring himself out of that depression.

So...I've got bunko tonight...WHAT? Realized I won't be able to watch my show! Gasp!!! The first week of the real show!!! Luckily, Kim and Gary (dear, sweet, fabulous Kim & Gary) are going to record it. Whew. Okay, I'm calmed down now.

:) Who do you like??? So far, that is...

2 comments:

Kim :) said...

I'm with you! Heidi and Benji are great!! :) I hope they go far. THis is my first year to watch this show, but I am enjoying it already.

And we were glad to record it for you!!

SuburbanMom said...

oh I would totally love that show.

When I was young I wanted to *be* the next IT girl :)

Post a Comment