June 13, 2006

impromptu weekend plans

So, quite suddenly, we've got a full weekend ahead of us! One filled with fun, excitement, new adventures, time with good friends...what more could you ask for?



Saturday afternoon, we'll be heading to Arlington to see a Texas Rangers baseball game...this will be Aspen's first experience at a major league baseball game, so that will be fun. We've got good seats, and it's a 7:05 game, so it shouldn't be too hot at that time of day. At least the fierce sun won't be shining down on us! We're staying in the hotel right across from the stadium, so we'll be able to walk to the game. And then in the morning, we'll be able to catch the free shuttle to Six Flags!



Kim and her family have season tickets, and one of the perks they enjoy are additional free tickets every now and then for certain days. Father's Day just so happens to be one of those days, and they have graciously given those tickets to us. So, we'll be joining them for a day of fun fun fun at Six Flags Fiesta Texas!

I am thrilled about this! I love Six Flags! I have been to the Six Flags in Missouri a bazillion times. Every year, we used to have a day where our entire school district went to Six Flags...that was so much fun. And now that I'm grown, I realize that not everyone had that experience. I've never been to the one here in Texas. So I can't wait to see what different rides they have.

Chris and I are figuring that we'll spend almost all day Sunday at the park, and then there will be a three hour drive home. So we have decided to take Monday off from work...we'll need the rest, I'm sure!!! So a long weekend ahead for us, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend ~ have a great time! I would say take lots of pictures but that goes without saying!

Kim :) said...

We are SOOO looking forward to spending the time at Six Flags with you guys! I am so happy that you guys were intersted in the free tickets, we are more then happy to share them with you all! Have loads of fun at the Rangers game also!

A great weekend ahead!! WOO HOO

Post a Comment