June 23, 2006

rangers & six flags



Last weekend was our little trip to Arlington, TX, where we had a whirlwind weekend of FUN! First, on Saturday evening, Chris, Aspen, and I headed to a Texas Rangers baseball game. It was Aspen's first experience at a major league baseball game, and she was awed with the size of the stadium, all of the people, etc. We had a good time, ate stadium food, and won the game 8-4. It was H-O-T, but luckily, but the 7:05 pm game time, our seats behind home plate were already in the shade (the other half of the stadium wasn't so lucky)...so it was an enjoyable experience...



The stadium where the Texas Rangers play is so nice...very clean, with a "new" fresh feeling.



After the game, Wells Fargo sponsored a fireworks display, which lasted about a half an hour. It was a great show, and from our seats the view was perfect. Near the end, lightening began to intermingle with the fireworks...Mother Nature wanted to contribute her fair share! We decided then that it was time to head back to our hotel that was "within walking distance"...and we decided to forego the trolley (which made numerous stops) and just walk back. Needless to say, by the time we arrived back at our hotel, all three of us were soaked to the bone from the rain that decided to pour down on us! I don't think I have ever been that wet! We were making memories, right??



On Sunday morning, we headed to Six Flags Over Texas to meet up with Kim, her husband Gary, and their two kids, Brandon and Kelsey. We had such a great, full day with them! They were so sweet to give us the free tickets that they received from having their season passes...I can't thank them enough for their kindness...

Right out of the gate, we headed to the Batman...now remember, this was Aspen's first time at Six Flags as well...so she was raring to go, but certainly did not know what she was in store for! The Batman scared the crap out of her, and basically did her in on the big rides for the remainder of the day. She rode the other rides, but forget those big monsters! So, since Chris doesn't ride many of the rides himself, and since Kim doesn't ride many either, it was me, Gary, and Kelsey braving most of the rides. And did we have fun!!! This Six Flags had some really awesome rides that the Six Flags Over Mid-America doesn't have...like the Titan and the Superman...both were so cool!




Above is a picture of me, Gary, and Kelsey on the Flashback...the pointing finger is showing where the three of us are...I'm wearing the white hat...




The Superman ride was definitely my favorite of the day...it was a whole new experience for me! It was a normal roller coaster, this one was all about the "free fall" feeling. Which I have never done before. Loved it!!!!! There's Kelsey, Kim, and me, waving, thinking "I can't believe we're still alive!"



And what is Six Flags without the pictures with the characters?

It was a great day...we got there when the park opened at 10:00, and left when the park closed at 10:00...so much to see and do...I'm sure it was a much more exciting day for those riding the rides. Six Flags isn't really the best place for someone like Chris, who doesn't ride the rides. Standing in all those lines and waiting for us riders can sure get tedius!

There was one "down" moment of the day, however...

Before we even left for Arlington, I had the strangest feeling of 100% sureness...that I would be getting a phone call from my mom, while we were at Six Flags, telling me that my grandpa passed away. I was so sure of this that I found myself waiting throughout the day, knowing that it would come. And it did come. While we were waiting in line to ride the Titan, the phone call came, and it was exactly as I knew it would happen. No, I'm not psychic...but sometimes, you can just feel things like this...

We were able to enjoy the rest of our day, and then I arrived home to plan my trip to St. Louis to say goodbye to my grandpa...

1 comment:

Kim :) said...

What great pictures of the game and six flags!! It was a wonderful weekend for us as well. Waiting for you guys to ride the rides didn't bother me any. I was completely okay waiting on solid ground for you all to risk your lives riding those things! lol

Post a Comment