August 14, 2007

biggest loser

At work, we are having a "biggest loser" contest. And it isn't a contest against the rest of the company. It's a goal for yourself and that's it.

They set it up so that you could chose whether you want to lose 10 pounds, 20 pounds, or 30 pounds. That way, you can do what's best for you (if you choose to participate) and you won't "lose" to someone who has lost more weight than you.

We had a weigh-in at the beginning of the contest. We will weigh in again on December 31st of this year, and if you have met the goal you set for yourself, that's part one of the goal. Part two is to keep that weight off until the end of the contest, which I believe is in March. If both of those criteria are met, you have attained your goal and you win a prize.

10 pounds = 1 day off work
20 pounds = 2 days off work
30 pounds = 3 days off work

A neat contest.

I signed up for the ten pounds. Which I honestly do need to lose. I would probably actually be happy with five pounds and getting toned, but we'll see. I have 4 and a half months to lose the weight and am not sure if I can do that. I should have started before now, but I couldn't lose any weight before the wedding. My wedding dress wouldn't fit!!! But now, the wedding dress is hanging in the closet and I can start the contest. We'll see.

Last night was my first night exercising. Went running at the track with Aspen and Chris. Aspen was in tears from the stitch in her side, but I did fairly ok. My new running shoes are great, so that is making it a little easier. And Chris was very supportive, ran along beside me at my pace and encouraged me. So appreciate that. I won't have that all the time, as he has his own marathon training to be doing. But it sure was nice. I love that man.

Anyway...wish me luck! I'll keep you posted!!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

That is such an awesome contest! I love the way they have it set up. Really smart thinking on their part too. Healthier employees are a good thing all the way around. I bet you can do 10 lbs, just because getting toned=more muscle=more calories burned! And as you've mentioned, your life is getting back to a more sane pace, so it will be easier to focus on doing things for you, like exercise.

And I love your scrap room too!!! Totally jealous. I'll just be happy when I find the time TO scrapbook again. It will happen, I know. Because I won't always have a toddler to keep me running and a teething baby keeping me up at night!

Kim :) said...

I am excited about this contest. I've got to get my rump ol' in gear and get the 30 off that I signed up to loose! We can do this!! we can do this!!

Post a Comment