April 20, 2009

don't stand close to me

...the lightning may strike you too!

What a day. It started off bad from the moment I stepped out of the bed, and didn't get any better...

:: Went to bed last night with the beginnings of a nagging headache...and had high hopes of a good night's sleep washing it away. Even did some ice packs before I went to bed to help it along. Unfortunately, I woke up this morning with a splitting headache that only proceeded to get worse as the day went on.

:: At lunch, I ate quickly and then laid on the couch with an ice pack. Still wasn't helping. Then I decided to try some Ibuprofin. I haven't taken Ibuprofin in probably seven years, because I have had some nasty reactions to it. I started thinking that possibly those reactions were due to a conflict with the bc I was on at the time, and decided to go ahead and give it a try. In the past, reactions included wheezing similar to ashtma, severe sneezing leading to severe runny nose leading to severe stuffiness. My friend Jackie probably remembers such reactions, one time so bad that I had to sit on the floor with my head resting in my chair. Ahhh...those were the days. Sadly, not much has changed. I would say the severity of my reaction was less than it used to be, but there was quite a reaction nonetheless. I felt pretty good for awhile, and my headache vanished. So nice! And then the elephant took up residence on my chest. The wheezing began. Such an interesting and unpleasant sensation. It never got too horrible though, so I wasn't to concerned. Then the rest came...the sneezing, the snot, the stuffy. So, the verdict is that I still need to stay away from the Ibuprofin. Which is a shame because it worked wonders on the headache! Which is the worser of the evils???? Both were a hindrance in my workday.

:: Speaking of workday...yes, it went astray as well. My glorious annual report...had print approval and got things going. Moving right along, and ahead of schedule! I should have realized that things were going much too smoothly. After I had 80 books printed, trimmed, collated, punched, and 40 bound with wire combs, I randomly flipped one open to show a coworker something and sucked in a gasp of air. I knew immediately that something was wrong. I looked and looked at the page and then realized what it was...a huge section in the middle of the annual was missing the beautiful script headlines!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I held it together much better than I would have in the past, and I do believe I might owe part of that to the horrible drug haze I was under. Perhaps it was a godsend that I took that Ibuprofin, it sure numbed things! Needless to say, I worked late and am still behind...

:: What else could go wrong with the day??? I was eating a nice Clean dinner by myself (Chris and Aspen were at a track meet watching some kids run) and I reached for my glass of milk...and fumbled it across the table, smashing it in a bunch of pieces...yes, my favorite polka dot glasses from Crate n Barrell. Grrrrr.

:: So, I'm pretty much done with this day.

:: On a good note...I received my first birthday card today!!!! Hooray, Birthday Week has begun :)

1 comment:

Jackie said...

You poor thing!!! Try acetaminophen or plain aspirin. Maybe that will help without the effects. I definitely remember those horrible attacks; the one with you in the floor in particular.

I just HATE days like that; the ones you're sure would have been better if you'd just called in sick and stayed in bed.

I hope that today has been infinitely better. And look on the bright side, at least you caught the error before they were sent out!

Post a Comment