May 31, 2009

weekend update

:: Somehow, I have acquired a cold...not sure how, I don't know anyone who is sick. I must've picked up a little bug somewhere, though. Friday night started with a sore throat, which I just kind of shrugged off. Then Saturday, I woke up and had that icky feeling. It proceeded to get worse as the day went on, and Sunday I have been worthless...hopefully it will be better for Monday and back to work...

:: Saturday, we headed to Dallas for a day trip...Chris took his car in for it's 6 month check up, and then we stopped at both Run On and Whole Foods. Chris was on the hunt for a new running shoe, and tried on multiple pair until he thought he'd found one he liked. Time will tell, when he starts running in them. Then, at Whole Foods, I was able to spend the gift card I received for my birthday...that was fun and I got some good healthy yummies. We had a declicious dinner at Ihop...all in all, a good day...I just wish I had felt a little better.

:: I finished the "Losing Control" book and will be doing a post on some of the tidbits I learned this coming week...definitely some good stuff.


:: I started "Vanishing Acts" by Jodi Picoult on the drive to Dallas, and so far I think it's fabulous. The first chapter drops a bomb, and it's non-stop from there.

:: I actually forced myself off the couch this evening and had a little hammock time...that was very nice, and Mr. Ocho layed with me. We both found it very relaxing...

:: Time to take some medicine, and relax some more...hopefully I'm at least 80% tomorrow for work...

1 comment:

Jackie said...

So sorry you aren't feeling well! Hope you're 110% today!

Post a Comment