May 28, 2009

oi

:: Came home this evening to a small pool of water at the base of our water heater...hmmm...the dang thing isn't even two years old yet!! We determined that there is a tiny pin hole in the metal hot water pipe, and it was spraying a constant, fine mist. Chris made a trip to Lowes, and with proper soldering tools, is going to give it a go with patching up the hole. Fingers crossed, please...

:: Beyond that, my day was just a typical day...got some work done, made some dinner, watched So You Think You Can Dance...

:: Tomorrow is the last day of school for Aspen...fingers crossed for her too...can she pull those good grades out? Only time will tell...

:: I'm almost done with "Losing Control and Liking It"...interesting stuff in there, for sure. After I get done, I want to go back and take some notes, and then try to really implement some of these things. His main theme is that our teenagers are their own people, and God has given them free will to make their own choices. Whether those are smart choices or stupid choices, they are theirs to make. As much as we want to, we can not make choices for them. We can not make them turn out "right". They are going to be who they are going to be. God lets his children make their own choices, and we must let our children do the same. More on this when I finish the book...

Time to head out to the garage and "supervise" the soldering...oh my!

1 comment:

Kim :) said...

Oh no!!! Not the hot water heater! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch it closely!!!!!!! I don't want what happened to us happened to you! Goodness. A small hole can lead to a house flood quickly!!

I'm glad you're enjoying the book. I'm going to go back and read it again myself. I've started working on making the changes in myself that it will take, but I still have a ways to go...

Post a Comment