June 04, 2009

book review

"Vanishing Acts" by Jodi Picoult

I just finished this book this evening, in one of those "can't read fast enough" modes...

GREAT book! I truly enjoyed it from cover to cover. There was no part where I felt the story was dragging. Told from multiple view points, Jodi was able to really get in deep with the plot...and I must say, I love it when an author can make me gasp with surprise! With about 1/8 of the book left to read, she threw a bomb on me...totally didn't expect it. That's the sign of a great author, and that's why I plan to make my way through her whole list of books...

I definitely recommend this one. It was my favorite of hers so far.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I just bought this yesterday after seeing you liked the start so much...I have read several of her books and haven't come across one I don't like yet...
Nineteen minutes, Sister's Keeper, The Pact, Handle With Care, Plain Truth..all great. Can't wait for Sister's Keeper to come out in a movie this month...you should read it if you haven't so you can see the movie...I will have to wait for DVD I am sure since I will just be in SA like 3 days when it comes out...anyhow...we will have to do a book swap at some point!

Post a Comment