November 06, 2011

weekly end

:: We had a fairly low key weekend here, which was nice. For a change.

:: Friday evening, we visited Mimi in the hospital for a few hours, and then went for a quick dinner.

:: Saturday, we manned a water station for the Abilene Marathon...with only 42 runners doing the full marathon, it didn't really take too long. From there, we went to the Expo center and enjoyed a free lunch for volunteering. Not too shabby! Then I took poor Poppy in to the vet. She has picked up some of Mimi's sickness we think, and has not been able to keep her food down since Wednesday. She is acting fine, and playing like normal, but the vet said she had a temperature of 103.5! He gave her two shots, and then I have medicine to her her once a day for a few days. Hopefully she will be able to kick the bug out of her system...

:: After that, Mr. Neeley came over and helped Chris hang the tv in our master bathroom. Yes, I said bathroom! When we built, Chris had them run cable to the bathtub so we could later hang a tv there. I will now never be able to get him out of the tub, or out of the bathroom in the morning to get to work!!! Later that evening, we went to Casa with Neeley and enjoyed a nice dinner together. Then spent a few more hours at the hospital with Mimi.

:: Sunday, we visited a different church so that we could listen to my boss' son Brett preach. He is such a good speaker, we enjoyed his message! Then we visited Mimi for a bit before heading home to the dogs. Today I have worked on the scrapbook I'm doing for payment, and it's coming together slowly. I guess I can't rush it.

:: Mimi is getting better, but it is slow going. Her pneumonia levels are still high and they will have to come down quite a bit before she can be released. Her breathing levels are also rising and falling so they are trying to keep those consistent. She's been in for 5 days, and the nurses told her most pneumonia patients are in for 7-10. So, could be anywhere in there, or longer since her overall health isn't the best.

:: Today I also did some beginning work on our Christmas cards...we'll be doing our photo shoot on the 20th and need to get a start on an idea. I think I know where I want our photo taken for the card, and then we can do whatever else for other photos and for the Halfmann card. Now to figure out what each of us will wear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment