December 31, 2011

2012 goals

It's New Year's Eve!!! Hope you all have fun today and stay safe!!!

Tomorrow begins 2012!! I'm here to note the goals I have set for myself in the coming year. Past experience has shown me that it's better to pick just a few things so that I can really focus on them. When there is too much to do, it's overwhelming and never gets accomplished. So, this year I have kept my list of goals to two things. The company we work for challenged us to work on our mind, body, and soul...and these two goals will cover those bases.

1. Lose weight, get toned, & feel good about my body. (BODY)
It's time to get serious. I feel nasty. 2011 was an interesting year for me...I was at my lowest weight, and also my heaviest weight. I initially lost 10 pounds before our trip to Maui, which took me to new lows. I had not been at that weight since right after high school. Afterwards, I ended up gaining back that ten pounds, and then proceeded to gain twelve more. That's a big swing in a year. I don't want to be skinny. I want to be lean and fit. To get there, I have developed an eating plan and a workout plan. With those two tools, I should be able to reach this goal with some good determination and support.

2. Focus on unconditional love and forgiveness. (MIND & SOUL)
Yes, this was a goal last year as well. I feel like I am in a much better place than I ever have been, and attribute it to my progress on this goal last year. Honestly, with love and forgiveness as my main goal, it will trickle into every other aspect of my life. Everything will improve. To accomplish this goal, I will study, I will read the Bible, and I will practice every day, in each situation I encounter.

So...I have my work cut out for me. But I am hopeful that 2012 will be an amazing year!!!!!

How about you?? I would love to hear at least one goal you have set for yourself...share with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment