July 23, 2012

full day

:: First thing this morning, I dropped Aspen off at our youth pastor's house...from there, they met up at the church and the youth headed up to Oklahoma for a week of camp. We pray that Aspen's heart is open and that she receives multiple blessings in the week ahead.

:: From there, I headed to the courthouse for jury duty. Started at 8:30, and I ended up being divided into one of the large groups of two. They sent us out for a brief recess. The first group ended up being sent home at 9:30, because their defendant didn't show up - he had skipped out of town! Unfortunately, I was not in that group. The baliff was supposed to come and get my group at 10:15 to take us up in front of the lawyers so they could choose their jury. 10:15 came and went, and it was 11:45 before the judge came down to talk to us. Turns out that our defendant had accepted an agreement and a jury was no longer necessary. So we were free to go. I basically spent the morning reading my book...

:: We enjoyed the finale of The Bachelorette last night -- I feel like Emily did a good job this season, and that she chose well. Her and Jef looked very happy. I hope they beat the odds and stay together.

:: This evening, Chris and I sat out by our fountain for quite awhile, enjoying it. Once nightfall hit and our outdoor lights came on, one of our little frogs that lives in the fountain came out to hunt...he is tiny! We decided to come inside so the other frogs could come out to hunt too. They were shy!

:: Work was good...busy busy...had to make up for being gone all morning, but made some good progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment