July 24, 2012

today was a good day

:: Today was just a normal, regular work day, and I enjoyed that...could use more of those!! :) Plus, we were business casual dress yesterday and today, and found out we are casual the rest of the week! We have been enjoying a LOT of casual days this hot summer, and I am so grateful!!!

:: Chris is too cute...he's puttering outside in his "shop", doing manly things :) This weekend, he and Neeley are going to borrow some scaffolding so they can finish installing the window and finish up the eaves on the second story. Then someone can come and roof it and brick it. All they lack beyond that is the decking and stairs. And doors :)

:: Going to go on a walk a little later this evening, once it cools off a bit. The sun is too fierce still, even at 7:43 pm.

:: Chris and I received our 5th anniversary gift from my mom and Randy yesterday!! 5th anniversary is wood...and what she sent was gorgeous! It's a beautiful wooden statue of a man and woman, intertwined to make a heart...but the best part is, the girl has a long ponytail like mine :) Have to find a special place for it. See photo, below. Too cute! The best part of the story is that back at the end of last year, my grandma found the statue in a catalog and told mom that she had found the perfect gift for her to send us. So, all those months before our August anniversary, she bought it and it was perfect! Granny did a great job...she is always on the lookout!!!!! Chris and I are blessed to have such wonderful family in our lives...

:: Also below, I posted some photos of the new shirts I bought for our upcoming Napa trip...in addition to those, I also bought a pair of white jean shorts and a couple belts. I think I am ready. I have enough little dresses to take, and I can dress up a few of the tanks with black pants and heels. I'm ready, let's go!!!!! We are still in the process of getting things planned...we'll be seeing a lot of wineries while there; we also want to go horseback riding one day, eat at lots of yummy restaurants, take a picnic and the bikes, shop in the cute shops. Lots to do, and only so many days to do it in. It will be jam packed but I hope also relaxing.

:: Our roadrunner that lives in the woods behind our house seems to have found a mate!! He (she) is usually solo, but lately there has been a second one trailing behind it. Maybe we'll have baby roadrunners around! That would be fun!! Have you ever seen a roadrunner? Until I moved to Abilene, I never realized that they were a real thing. I thought it was just a fictional cartoon creation!!! But no, they are real. I just haven't heard them go "meep meep." :) You should google them if you haven't ever seen one. Very pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment