July 14, 2014

monday photos

So -- Ms. Aspen is back in the U.S!!! They had some more travel trouble though :( The bad weather had things out of whack, so they were delayed leaving Philadelphia, and then once they arrived in Dallas, the weather was bad there as well and they had to be put into a holding pattern for an hour of flying in circles. It's been along day for them. They were supposed to be back at 6:51, and it's now 8:30. They are just now getting off the plane to get their luggage, and then a three hour bus ride to Abilene. They must all be exhausted!!!!

We were able to track their flight, and watch them go round and round...it was so exciting to see their plane break out of the pattern and descend!!! She texted us right away and said that it was a very rough flight.

I don't think you guys are checking out my Instagram page, so I wanted to share a few photos from the last few days! The one above was me on Saturday morning, getting ready for our retreat. Fresh out of the shower, clean face, hair in a towel. Natural.

My retreat girls, hard at work! Kim, Paula, Pam, Roxanne and then Terry off to the right, searching for something :) Pretty typical!
Chris got a good deal on a used foosball game! It will eventually go in our upstairs game room. It's a tough game!

My friend Roxanne informed us that she has fresh eggs!! $2.00 a dozen -- which is cheap because a guy at work sells them for $4 a dozen!! I bought two, and they are yummy!!!
This makes me super happy -- Kim and Ocho bonded a lot over the weekend!!! He let her pick him up and hold him, and they played ball too. She took him outside when he needed to go. She also brought a baggie of Fruit Loops on Sunday and he was convinced that she was his new best friend. It was so great!! And Kim absolutely loved it!
I call this the "three minute changeup"! From classy professional to workout queen :) In three minutes flat. I did a full 30 minutes of cardio today because I felt like I needed it after the weekend. I typically do 15-20 minutes and then do arms/abs/legs -- 30 minutes seemed like forever!!! But it felt good.
So, now we wait for Ms. Aspen...they will be getting in late, and we'll need to pick her up at the church. We can't wait to see her!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment