July 07, 2014

our 4th of july

:: We had a wonderfully relaxing 4th of July!! Lots of time to recover from the run, talk, laugh, rest, eat. A perfect day with my honey.

Our very very relaxing (lazy, recovering) day spent on the back porch -- beginning with breakfast! Birthday cake, coffee and milk for him, poached eggs and hot tea for me ;)
Me and my sweet girl...I love this dog a ridiculous amount.
Chris and Mr. Ocho -- those two have a bond that is insane :)
Such a great portrait of this dapper dude! Our two pups really enjoyed all the outside porch time.
After a good long amount of time on the porch, Chris went in to take a hot bath and I took a nice little nap! Ahhhh...and then I woke up and said, "Let's go get snow cones!!" He got black cherry and I got cake batter. What a sugar jolt! A great sweet treat.
Once we had our snow cones in hand, Chris drove us over to Kirby Lake and we spent a little time enjoying nature. It is actually kind of pretty there...though it smells a bit!
Really love this photo! And really love this man!
Selfie at the lake -- Babers in Gray (not very patriotic, oops)
Me on a boulder with my snow cone; next time, I am going to get a half and half snow cone, because one flavor just becomes too much after awhile :)
Then Chris challenged me to a rock skipping contest! We had fun looking for good flat rocks, and then he had a grand time laughing at my skill (or lack thereof). His form was great!
My rocks ended up in places they weren't supposed to...I let them loose at odd times and they'd fly off to the left! Whatever.
That evening, after resting a bit more, we decided to enjoy a nice dinner at Brick Oven Pizza. This was definitely a treat meal for me, and it was yummy! Pepperoni and mushroom, with a mortar salad. First pizza I have had in a long time...and it made me snotty. I fear I may have a gluten intolerance.
We have a great viewing spot for the fireworks -- our deck! We can see the show from all the houses in our neighborhood, and also the huge city-wide show at the zoo. Perfect, and no traffic!
We had a really great day! We are so blessed to be Americans. It was also a blessing to have a husband who was recovering from 40 miles, so that we could relax and do things we don't normally do -- like nap!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment