July 17, 2014

the weekend is near

:: My awesome souvenier from Aspen (Ireland) was these two pins! Not only did she find my McCarthy name, but she found Kelley too! I honestly teared up when she presented these to me. I love them! I have never been able to find anything with my name spelled correctly -- and although this is a pin for the surname of Kelley, that is A-OK with me!!


On the back of the packaging, it also has a description of what each name means...

Kelley: derived from Ceallach, meaning troublesome or bright haired; means "strife". Soooo, that is not too great! :(

McCarthy: descended from one of the leading septs in Munster. One of the top twenty most numerous names in Ireland. Found primarily in Co. Cork and Kerry. Means "loving". That's better!

I have a project brewing in my mind for these...including some beautiful, felted paper and a display frame. It is percolating and will all come together in its own good time :)

:: I was able to get quite a bit done today at work. Feeling a bit better.

:: Did the Barre 3 workout after work with Tina, and that felt good. We only did 1 of the 2 workouts, and I wish I'd had time for both.

:: Made shrimp tacos tonight for dinner and they were delicious! Any tips for preventing the soft corn shells from breaking??

:: Our cruise album from Winkflash shipped today! Can't wait to have another completed project in my hands. I hope it turned out well!!! What's next? Maui? Tahiti? I've got a lot of older trips that still need to be done.

:: We are all set for our trip to Fredericksburg the first week of August. Leaving Friday after work, and coming home Tuesday. Will be having dinner at August E's (amazing sushi) for our anniversary dinner. Will shop and visit our favorite winery and have a marvelous few days. I CAN NOT WAIT.

:: My Birchbox this month came with all kinds of goodies, including a very pretty purple metallic nail polish and a year subscription to Women's Health magazine!!! Woo hoo!

:: So happy that the weekend is near! We are having dinner tomorrow evening with Neeley and Lauren, and then going back to her house afterwards for some wine. Looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment