July 27, 2014

weekend in a nutshell

:: We had a sushi date with Aspen on Friday evening and it was delicious!!! I skipped all gluten-containing items (gyoza dumplings, spring rolls, soy sauce, and California Rolls (which have imitation crab) and left the restaurant snot-free. Oh, gluten allergy, I'm on to you...figuring things out as I go. Tonight I am going to make one of my pasta dishes, but am using a brown rice noodle instead. We'll see how that goes, I am excited! Chris was willing to try it and for that I am thankful!

:: After our sushi date, we headed over to Buffalo Wild Wings to visit Blake, who was having a rough day. We sat in his section and gave him a good tip. He's a good waiter!

:: Saturday, we watched the Tour de Gap in the morning to support two coworkers, that was fun. Afterwards we went to the stone quarry to look at landscaping ideas. I will tell you one thing, going to a stone quarry in the dead of a Texas summer, at noon, will make you understand very quickly what it feels like to be thrown into a sizzling skillet. Ug.

:: I spent the rest of my Saturday cleaning the house, while Chris and Neeley worked outside...then Chris and I went to dinner at Red Robin and it was delicious. I got the mushroom swiss burger, without a bun...a great gluten-free option to be sure, but I have honestly always preferred hamburgers without the bun. I prefer to taste the hamburger!!

:: Today, we had a great guest speaker at church, and then I did the norm -- laundry, grocery shopping, etc.

:: The week ahead -- 5 days of work and then we are outta here! Can't wait to head to our favorite place, our second home! Fredericksburg! On Friday, at lunch, we are going on a group Marketing lunch to say goodbye to our summer apprentice Lizzie...we will be sad to see her go, we liked her. She's a sophomore, so who knows what the future holds.

:: Chris and I already know exactly what we are going to eat during our 4 days in Fredericksburg -- is that sad? I don't think so!! We love our foods there!!! We are going to spend a day at our Grape Creek winery too, and hopefully spend some time in the hotel pool. Among many other fun fun things!!

:: That's all I've got -- have a great week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment