August 24, 2014

almost vacation

:: Sitting here, wrapping up my weekend and watching the VMA red carpet show...the VMA award show will follow, and I wonder what outrageous event will occur this year??

:: Friday evening, Chris and I had dinner at Fuzzy's and it was delicious! From there, we rented the second 300 movie -- it was interesting :)

:: Saturday morning, Kim and I headed to Clyde for the monthly crop and had a great day! I ended up getting 62 pages started!!! I was cruising let me tell you! Now just to finish them up and get them put into the albums. Progress progress! When I got home, Chris and I had dinner at Cotton Patch, met Aspen at Starbucks when she got off work, and then headed home to relax.

:: Sunday, we had a great sermon at church, and then I did laundry, made the grocery list and did the grocery shopping. Full day!

:: Aspen begins her college career tomorrow!!!! Please say some prayers for her...I know she is going to do a great job! The unfortunate news is that, after a week of being apart from her boyfriend Blake (he is living in the dorm of a local university and went through an intense Welcome Week), he called her Saturday night to end things. She is heartbroken and the worst part is that he won't answer any questions or meet with her to discuss anything. I could just strangle him. Their relationship seemed very solid, and they honestly seemed perfect together. They were in a very good place, and then all of a sudden this happens. I know this is sort of typical when college starts but for some reason I thought they were going to survive it. He is acting out of character, so we are all curious what is going through is head. A few prayers for Aspen in this regard would be appreciated too -- for God to protect and guard her heart from these pains. From these stupid boys who think it is perfectly ok to break up over the phone. Coward.

:: One week of work ahead! Then on Friday, after work, Chris and I are heading up to St. Louis for our annual trip! We are really looking forward to it. We are going a little earlier in the year than normal, because my longest friend Amy is getting married!!!!!!! We are pumped to attend the Dukes wedding and see my family.

:: Speaking of family -- more prayers are in order! My mom's hubby, Randy, had to have an appendectomy (on the same day they were supposed to leave for their beach vacation)...he is home now in recovery, and we pray that he has a speedy recovery and is back to his normal schedule soon. We love you Randy!

No comments:

Post a Comment