September 22, 2014

amazing weekend with my hubby!!!

We had such a fantastic time in Dallas over the weekend!!!

We drove to Dallas on Friday night, and after stopping for pizza along the way, we arrived at our new La Quinta hotel and it was so nice! We hit the sack because we had to get up early early the next morning!

On Saturday, we woke up at 6:30 and arrived at the Texas Motor Speedway around 8:00 for a full day of fun, noise, and new experiences! We walked around a bit, found our seats (which were awesome!), watched a few of the early races, and then headed into the pits to see the cars being worked on, put together, preparing for the race. What a neat experience! Chris was able to have a few drivers sign his tshirt, and we saw John Force too!

We ate a lot of yummy junk food, tried to stay cool in the very hot weather, and watched all kinds of different races. The top fuel cars were my favorite...the long skinny ones, that are really really loud! Chris had me listen to the first one without my ear plugs in, and holy cow! It was like a jet taking off right next to me! The ear plugs helped with the rest :) I loved how you could feel the cars in your chest, what an experience! It makes me very happy that he wanted to experience this first with me -- it isn't something that one would think I'd enjoy, but I must say -- it was an incredibly fun time!! :)

This is my husband -- I have to say, in the past 11 years, I have never, ever seen him so GIDDY!!
Me enjoying the races for the first time!
All the race cars were so cool -- bu this was my favorite of the day :) LOVE this, would love to have it :)
It was fun in the pits -- and Chris was excited to see Courtney Force's car :) She, by the way, ended up taking the title for the funny cars! Gooooo girl!
My favorite thing ended up being the top fuel cars -- so cool!
We left the races around 4:00, and as we were driving back to our hotel, Chris pulled something out of his backpack. I looked over (I was driving) and saw that he was holding tickets -- to the LUKE BRYAN CONCERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was a huge surprise to me, I thought we were going dancing that evening. Luke Bryan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had a very short time to get ready, and then we headed to the Gexa outdoor theater. Our seats were amazing!!! We were so close!!

Opening act was Cole Swindell, followed by Lee Brice! And then....Luke came on and entertained us thoroughly for the rest of the night!! He was incredible! And my sweet husband even took me into the aisle and danced with me :) We danced while Luke sang for us!!

An incredible ending to our incredible day!! This man is too good to me!
I was super excited :) See how close we were? That's Luke behind that horrible tall man!
Luke moves around a lot when he performs, so it was difficult to get a good photo with my phone! This was on the screen right above us!
Loved every minute of our weekend together!! We are so blessed to be able to do things like this...life is good, indeed!!! Love you so much Chris!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment