September 23, 2014

this and that

:: Today was a bit crazy...I was happy when 5:00 arrived. To top it all off, I accidentally got red pen on my white work shirt, front and center. Hopefully my trusty Shout can take that out.

:: Good cardio workout this evening...big salads for dinner with a new cilantro lime dressing that was pretty tasty!

:: I started my third Whole30 yesterday. It is crazy to me how quickly I can get right back into old habits, and how once that happens, the pounds just fly back on. It is maddening. The Whole30 helps me get back on track. The key is to stay there afterwards. I have determined that for me, corn is just as bad as sugar. The more corn I eat (corn tortilla chips, corn tortillas, popcorn, etc), the more I crave it and the hungrier I feel overall. I don't think I will bring that back.

:: DWTS -- this week was good! I am fine with who went home. I was impressed with Betsey Johnson's improvement, though I think she smoked a little too much of the good stuff when she was younger. She doesn't seem all there! Sadie was just ok. Alfonso was great. Leah was good, but I don't think she should be at the top -- I thought she was kind of sloppy actually. I was disappointed with Allison and Johnathan -- I think Allison is an amazing dancer but I think she is trying way way too hard on this show. She needs to just be herself. I agree that the dance was very jerky. And Johnathan basically stood there while she danced around him. That is one thing I don't like about this show -- the women pros don't let the guys move as much, they try to get the votes by drawing the attention to themselves. I guess I'm being harsh tonight, but I was also sad about the way she reacted to the judges criticism. Her smile became so fake, and then she popped off a bit. Hmm. I did enjoy her dance with the young girl on the results show tonight. Chris and I love that video, and Allison did a great job of emulating the girl and joining her. Julianne's dance was great, but oh that hair's got to go! So those are my thoughts!

:: I've got my book study in the morning, and have one more chapter to read...so time to sign off!

No comments:

Post a Comment