December 09, 2014

san antonio half marathon

:: Today, I was very busy -- though at the end of the day, I couldn't really tell you what I accomplished! Hoping for a more focused day tomorrow.

:: I brought home the 7 reviews that I need to work on. I am just not finding the time at work, and have to get them done this week. I can do a little each evening if necessary. And I do have Saturday if needed.

:: Tomorrow we have our life group Christmas party -- snacks/desserts and an ornament exchange! Looking forward to that. I made my 7 layer dip and hopefully that will be yummy! I bought a cute ornament too, hope it's a hit :) It's a huge glass hot air balloon!

:: This Sunday will be our December crop at Kim's and I am looking forward to it! I can't wait until afterwards, because then I can post a photo of the adorable gift that I made each of the girls!! I love Pinterest :)

:: I received my second order of Jamberry wraps! I really like them -- fairly subtle designs, and can't wait to try them out! The gray polka dots I have on right now are not holding up very well. It is weird. Some seem to last a bit better than others.

:: As promised, photos from the San Antonio Rock & Roll Half Marathon on December 7th! For the second time, Chris mentored a group of FDLIC runners -- some who have run before, some who were brand new to running. I think there ended up being about 17 runners total, after two had to drop out due to mono.

The group after the race -- everyone finished strong, and they each had their own story to tell! It was fun to hear them all! It was a first half marathon for many. Some of the repeaters were able to better than time. One guy didn't train at all and suffered quite a bit! Four of them ran as two relay groups (two runners per relay), and that was new. Very proud of each one!
Chris and Steven, his protege :) Steven has only been running for a few months, but he has developed quite the passion for it! He was running 13 minute miles, and with some guidance and tips from Chris, he is now running down in the 7 minute range! He has the potential to become an obsessed runner like Chris, and Chris absolutely is thrilled! Steven had a great race, running 1:41 and looking very strong!
This guy right here amazes me, over and over again! He felt like he was in the best shape of his life, because his training had gone great and he was at a good low weight due to some dedicated healthy eating. His goal was to run under 1:30. He came in at 1:28 and as you can see above, he was super excited!! I was too, and so very proud of him! I foresee another full marathon in 2015.
This one is in the finishing shoot as well -- look how strong he is still running! He was booking it, racing toward that finishing clock! So impressed.
We had two group dinners with everyone and the spectators...Saturday evening, we ate at Paesanos. We had a rented room there, and those people bent over backwards for us! The service was outstanding and the food was soooo good. Sunday afternoon, after the race, we met up at BJ's Brewhouse and after waiting a bit for them to seat all 23 of us, we finally had a great meal together. The runners were excited to splurge a bit with drinks, fatty foods, and dessert! The amazing thing was that our CEO Kris paid for both meals, for everyone! We are all so blessed by FDLIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment