January 10, 2015

stitch fix #2

Well! Since there was no Thursday blog, here is a bonus Saturday blog :) It's your lucky day!

So, I received some Christmas money from my grandparents (THANK YOU THANK YOU!!) and I knew I wanted to order another Stitch Fix. So I scheduled it to arrive 1/12, and it came today (1/10)! I was very excited to tear open that box!

When you schedule your fix, you can write notes to your stylist...for my first fix, I requested a houndstooth vest, and they really delivered on that! For this fix, I requested one piece of jewelry and one skirt. So I was excited to see what they sent for those.

Unfortunately, I didn't receive any jewelry or a skirt. ???? I'm not sure why. I definitely mentioned this in my review, because it was kind of a let down. But, my 5 pieces were fun and I decided to keep two of them. So it was a good fix in my book! These photos didn't turn out great -- we'll have to maybe take them outside next time.


Look by M -- Sammie Plaid Infinity Scarf -- $34.00 -- Returned
I do like scarves...and the plaid was a classic navy/burgundy/green. It was very soft and snuggly. The infinity style was a bit too bulky for my tastes though, when it was wrapped, since it was a thicker flannel. For me, it was also a bit too pricey for a scarf, as well.


41Hawthorn -- Moni Stud Detailed 3/4 Sleeve Blouse Black -- $58.00 -- Kept!
This one surprised me. I've read quite a few Stitch Fix reviews, and have seen this blouse many times before in different colors and patterns. I didn't really think it was something I would like. However, it fits really well, and actually looks cute on. It is a silky material, and I will be able to wear it to work with a lot of different things. It is black, which goes with everything. It also looks cute tucked in. The sleeves are a bit different. They drape up in the back, which seemed a bit odd at first but felt better after I'd had it on for awhile.


Pink Martini -- Augustina Lace Back Open Cardigan Burdundy -- $68.00 -- Returned
This one was a no on many levels. It's burgundy, and I've just decided I really don't like that color. I've updated my profile to include NO burgundy. Also, I prefer my cardigans to be a bit baggier and longer so that it can be worn over other clothing. The lace back is cute, but I'm not a fan of that ribbed bottom section. Meh.


Laila Jayde -- Bowie Front Seam Detail Dolman Top Burgundy -- $58.00 -- Returned
Again, with the burgundy. But I was on the fence with this one. It was very soft and comfy, but I didn't feel the style was altogether flattering. It was shorter in the front and a little longer in the back. I didn't love it, and also couldn't wear it to work. So I couldn't justify the price.


41Hawthorn -- Renesme Geo Print Faux Wrap Dress Cobalt -- $78.00 -- Kept!
This dress is great on a lot of fronts. It has a modest neckline, which is appropriate for our conservative office. The pattern is black and cobalt blue, which is fun and can mix with a lot of things. It fits perfectly. I would have preferred for it to be about an inch or two longer, but it is still appropriate for the office. I also feel like the waist could be a little lower, since it is almost more of an empire waist. For a wrap dress, it might look better at the natural waist. But, I was happy with this dress and I can always use a good dress for work. A huge plus is that the dress is lined! The fabric is soft and forgiving. Very pleased!

A successful use of Christmas funds! Yay! Time to decide when my next Fix will be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment