July 02, 2015

Bring on the Long Weekend!


:: So, here is an update from our Wild Kingdom :) Those tiny little newborn birds in the nest have grown extremely quickly! It is blowing my mind, truly. In just a few days, they went from featherless and puny in the nest, to this photo above! I came home for lunch and this little fella was chirping on my front porch! No longer in the nest...hopping around, trying to fly. His parents were nearby, instructing. At one point, he jumped onto the window sill right by me and was looking at me! I believe his sibling was out of the nest as well, but off the porch too -- into our front yard! This guy is off the porch now too...so they are getting bigger and stronger everyday. It has been so neat to watch the parents teaching them. Nature is intriguing! God did incredible work when he set everything up, didn't he?! The exciting news from today -- the third, unhatched egg?? It has hatched and a new birdie is chirping in there wanting to be fed! A bit of a late bloomer I'd say...but, so glad he hatched! The parents are being run ragged -- from yard to porch to nest. That's a lot of work, keeping three new birds in line!

:: Today, gloriously, is our last work day of the week! We are off tomorrow for the 4th of July holiday. Yippie! I love long weekends!

:: Tomorrow, the 3rd, is my amazing hubby's birthday! #41! It will be fun to have the day off, and I've got a few fun things planned to celebrate. I'm looking forward to the day!

:: I plan to hunker down with The Grip of Lions and Veils this evening and finish it off! Chris won't be home until later, so that will be the perfect way to spend my evening. It has been a really interesting read, I've enjoyed it.

:: I'm suffering a bit of a headache this afternoon...so I've been slathering on some peppermint oil. Ready to lay down, snuggle up with my pups, and relax. Much deserved!

No comments:

Post a Comment