February 28, 2016

Weekend Recap

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!

:: Friday after work, Chris and I had an enjoyable evening with the Smiths! We chatted for awhile, and then had Papa Murphy's pizza (she got gluten free for me and it was yum!!) and a salad that I had made. About halfway through dinner, their friends from Lubbock, TX (Heather and Scott) arrived for the weekend and we really enjoyed meeting them! It was a fun and relaxing time! With lots of laughs.

:: Saturday morning, I rode 13 miles with Chris as he ran. His normal running buddy, Kiki, was in Dallas to do the Cowtown Half Marathon...so I went with him. I am so out of shape for that! I haven't riden with him in quite awhile, and man, it wiped me out! And I'm so sore too!! But, it was fun to have that time together.

:: When we got home, Mr. Neeley was waiting for us -- and had doughnuts for Chris! Then they worked in the upstairs game room, working on getting it finished off. I spent the day tooling around...I put away more scrapbook items from the retreat, watched Greys, read the Bible, took a nap, stretched, made the grocery list, etc. It was a very relaxing day.

:: Saturday evening, Chris and I had a date night and it was so nice! We had dinner at The Beehive, yummmm-o! Then we were going to go see a movie, but there was nothing we really wanted to see. So we picked up some Nikki's yogurt and went to the park. We ate and talked and enjoyed the quiet there. We need more quiet in our life. I love spending time with my hubby -- he is my most favorite person on the planet. We are blessed.

:: Sunday, there was a guest speaker at church, so we decided to skip it. It was great to have a relaxing morning at the house. Then the normal Sunday things -- laundry and grocery shopping and some cleaning and some organization, etc. It was a good day.

:: And now -- it is almost time for the Walking Dead and I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment