June 27, 2016

Catching Up

Well hi there! It's been awhile since I've done a general post, and there is life to catch up on!

:: Our weekend was good! On Saturday, I hosted the June crop at our house! We had five of us altogether, and we had fun and were productive which is always nice! On Sunday, I spent a good part of my day doing my very first Meal Prep -- longer post to come on that experience!!

::We had the June Book club at our house on Thursday evening...we ladies sat around enjoying some delicious southwestern foods and talking about "300 Days of Sun" -- the book was ok...boiled down to the plot, the story was good. The author used way too many words for my liking, though, and was a bit too flowery. So much detail. I really love our book club though, because it has us reading things that we might not normally read on our own...and it is helping me define better what kinds of books I like and don't like. Next month, we are reading Ghost Boy -- this one sounds very interesting!!

:: I've been working on some things for my Etsy shop! I did a baseball themed album to add to the shop -- my cousin has mentioned being interested in the soccer and the baseball albums, so I have two possible sales on the horizon! Very excited! I had some business cards printed as well, so that I can include them in my shipments and hand out as needed. They turned out very cute, I am pleased with them. I also ordered some shipping materials from the post office -- a lot of their stuff is free, so that is awesome! Plus they deliver to your home! Now it is time for me to decide where to take the shop from here. The albums that I started the shop with are a few years old, and now it is time to create some new stuff. I have a lot of options like custom scrapbook services, more premade scrapbook items, invitation designs, digital artwork for scrapbooking, tshirt designs, etc. So many options is a bit overwhelming though, so I need to get a focus and a plan. I want it be fun, but I need to be productive too!

:: I've got a few other posts that are forthcoming, on topics like: my recent trip to the Rangers game, the party we recently attended for Chris' department, and some pool fun! Stay tuned!

:: This Saturday, we are having a pool party for the 4th of July weekend! We are excited to have people over for the first time to enjoy our new pool!! I need to solidify the RSVPs tomorrow and get some meat ordered from the local BBQ place. Should be a fun afternoon with friends!

:: And Sunday is Chris' 42nd birthday!!!!!! And Monday is the holiday so a day off work!! A good weekend ahead of us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment