February 26, 2017

Weekend Recap

I really love weekends...sure do wish they lasted just a little longer!

:: Friday evening, Chris and I had dinner at Casa -- it's been quite awhile since we've been there, and we both had the #24. Cheese enchiladas with over easy eggs on top. Mmmm. Afterwards, we stopped by Kohls -- I had a 20% off entire order coupon, and Chris was needing some new cologne. He found two that he liked, and I got a little bottle of the Ed Hardy Villian that I like. We saved $18 dollars, AND I got $20 in Kohls cash. I love Kohls cash :) Afterwards, we were both pretty wiped out from the week, so we headed home and watched The Walking Dead episode we had missed on Sunday.

:: Saturday morning, we were up bright and early since our little sale started at 8:00. It went through 2:00, and unfortunately we didn't have anyone stop by. Kind of a bummer. We only advertised on Facebook, to people that we know. So, now we'll leave everything in that room and see if anyone wants to stop by on their own. We may advertise in the newspaper, though I really don't want to hassle with "garage salers". We'll give it some thought and see what we want to do. While I kept an eye out for anyone stopping by to shop, I was productive -- I finalized the wedding invitations for Kelsey; I finished organizing the scrapbook materials for Kasi and sent her an estimate on cost; I made the grocery list and entered it into Walmart's site; I cleaned a lot of the house. Chris worked in the yard and got the backyard looking tidy again.

:: Saturday evening, I had a fun date night with my hubby! We had dinner at Tokyo and enjoyed some sushi...then we went downtown to a new whiskey bar called Cru. They had a live band in from San Antonio and they were pretty good! Chris tried a few different whiskeys, and I had a drink called the Effen Buffalo -- black cherry, blood orange vodka and mint leaves. It was pretty tasty! It was nice to have a relaxing evening with Chris.

:: Sunday, I picked up my groceries and then stopped to get Chris some goggles. He is beginning his training for his first triathalon! He is not much of a swimmer, so that is where a lot of his training will focus for awhile. The triathalon is in June, so he has a few months to train. His coach, Adsy, just sent him his training schedule for week one!

:: Aspen came by Sunday afternoon for a little visit...we chatted for awhile and it seems like life is going pretty good for her right now.

:: I got all of the meal prep done for the week!! So excited to not have to cook all week!!!

:: This evening, we have The Walking Dead!! Beyond that, I'm going to get a little relaxing in!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment