May 03, 2017

hi

Well hello there! I know I have been a bit MIA lately. Forgive me.

Status of my laptop -- still unknown. Sigh. Not looking good though.

We are just home from a last-minute trip to my hometown. Sadly, it was for the funeral of my beloved Fonda and it was a rough few days. She has been a very special part of my life since the day I was born, and I have 41 years of wonderful memories with her. So much laughter and love. It was difficult to say goodbye to her. She will be so missed. Chris had the great honor of being a pallbearer and that meant so much to us both. Our trip was quick and consisted mostly of the visitation and the funeral.

We were able to help Mom and Randy get ready for their new carpet installation. And the finished product looked soooooo good! So much work went into it. Whew'

Yesterday, we made the long drive back to Abilene -- unfortunately there was awful flooding in St. Louis from all the recent rain and the highway we needed had closures. We had to take a detour that added about two hours into the drive. We left at 9:30 am and pulled into the driveway at 12:15 am. Very long day.

Today it was back to work for both of us and yes. We were zombies. Wanted to get to bed early tonight but it just didn't happen. Grocery shopping and laundry. Almost time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You two are special. We love you! PTS

Post a Comment