February 04, 2018

Super Bowl Sunday

:: We had a pretty common week...and the scheduled VIP trip was cancelled so that was a nice break! Chris had a lot of time in intense workouts, and he had dinner with some coworkers on Thursday. We were both very ready for the weekend -- it seemed like a long week for some reason!

:: Friday evening, we had dinner at Brick Oven Pizza, and that was tasty! I did a pepperoni/black olive pizza on gluten-free pizza crust. I'm not planning on bringing gluten back for awhile, unless it's something I deem "worth it"! We enjoyed our time together chatting, and then we headed home to watch a few more episodes of Ozark -- that show is so interesting! We are really enjoying it! It's different, and very unpredictable.

:: Saturday was a good, relaxing day (well, for me!). Chris had three workouts -- a trainer ride, then a run...and a few hours later, a swim. I cleaned house, then relaxed. I went with him to the pool and read, and then on the way home we ran a few errands and then took a drive through the country looking for donkeys. We found a few, but none that were overly friendly. It was still fun :) That evening, we had dinner at Deutchlanders -- catfish. Mmm! We also picked up a few boxes of Girl Scout cookies, and I had two as my "worth it" treat. They were very tasty! I will be rationing those out to two at a time, and not every day!!! I could seriously eat the entire box. We watched more Ozark episodes, and now only have one left. Very interested to see how they wrap up season one. And we will most definitely be watching season two, whenever it comes out!

:: Sunday -- church, laundry, grocery pickup. Added bonus - today is the Justin Timberlake concert!!! I hear they are going to add some football in, too. (HA!) Looking forward to the halftime show for sure. I am really, really liking JT's new album that just came out and think I am going to download it. Also, right after the Super Bowl is the big This is Us episode where we finally see how Jack died.

:: The week ahead...we are going to Dallas next weekend for a Mavericks NBA game against the Lakers! We are so looking forward it to! This was my Christmas gift to Chris, and it's something we have never done together. It's going to be lots of fun!! Ready for a weekend away with my love.

Hope you all have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment