February 11, 2018

Mavericks Weekend

:: Well, the flu finally reached our household...meh. Chris got it first, and it was only a matter of time before I got it, as well. I was able to get Tamiflu to start as soon as I started feeling symptoms, but that doesn't seem to have helped much. Chris is feeling much better now -- more energy and back to himself. I am still struggling. My throat hurts pretty bad, and Friday evening was the worst. I was pretty much in bed all evening, watching season two of The Crown and feeling achy.

:: Saturday, after Chris did his first workout since being sick, we headed to Dallas. We dropped off the dogs at Mimi's house and then drove the three hours to our hotel. We stayed at the Hyatt downtown, which was within walking distance to the American Airlines Center. We unpacked, and I rested for about a half hour. Then we ventured out and found the cutest coffee shop a few blocks down. Chris had some coffee and I had a delicious hot chocolate...and after a quick stop back at the room, we then made our way over to the stadium. We decided to forego concession stand junk food and instead had dinner across the street at a delicious Italian dinner. It was very tasty! Then we hopped across the street for a fun evening watching NBA basketball! In our 15 years together, this is something that Chris and I have never watched together, so that was special! It was a really fun environment, and the Mavericks won! That's a plus! We had a great time! Chris thoroughly enjoyed his Christmas present!

:: Sunday morning, we got up early and met QLefty and his family for breakfast! We drove about 25 minutes and they drove about 45, and we enjoyed some great food at Crossroads Diner. Mmmm! It is always so fun spending time with them and their sweet kids -- Liam, Lev and Ruthie! I enjoyed chatting with Andrea and Chris and QLefty chatted about their own things. It was a good couple of hours! Then we drove home and picked up the puppers and made it home in time to grocery shop and do laundry. I had to take a little nap because I was feeling super zapped...hoping to feel much better for the week ahead, as I have one on my team out and I have to cover her work load. I'm sure it is going to be a crazy week, and I'm not sure I have the energy for it, to be honest!!

:: The week ahead -- Valentine's Day and then Saturday is the February crop at Kim's house! Looking forward to that. We are working our way toward out March scrapbook retreat in Dallas and I am so, so ready for that!!!

I hope you have a beautiful week ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment