March 04, 2018

Weekend Update

The weather here has been a little warmer, so that has been nice. We've had some gray days and some intense wind, but overall warmer. That's a good thing, because Chris is in the middle of his intense Ironman training and he definitely prefers to get outside for his long workouts!

:: Friday evening, Chris had a very long swim workout, and then he had to ride the trainer. I went home and picked up some dinner for us, then we ate when he got done. It was a relaxing evening after that.

:: Saturday, we had a relaxing morning and then Chris did a 4 hour bike ride + 90 minute run. I did a little of this and a little of that -- worked on some things on the computer, did a coffee face mask, did some reading. Our book club is reading a Nicholas Sparks book this month - we decided on a choice of two, so I picked Two by Two...I haven't read any of his books in a few years, so I am looking forward to it. When Chris got done with his workout, we decided to watch Daddy's Home with Will Farrell and Mark Wahlberg. That was a pretty funny one!

:: Saturday evening, we had a date night! Chris bought us tickets at the new theater in town -- the kind that has the recliner chairs and tons of leg room. We saw Game Night, which was really funny! We enjoyed it and the time together. We had dinner at Rosa's beforehand, and then shared popcorn and a Slurpee at the theater.

:: Saturday, I received a text from the owner of our RV park. She let me know that they've installed a new washer and dryer that are coin-operated. LOVELY. Doing laundry has been free all these months (8 months), and now it adds up to about $10-12 a week, or about $50 a month. This ticked me off a bit, and so now, here it is Sunday and I am over at Mimi's house doing our laundry for FREE. I brought the puppers with me, and my laptop, and we'll spend a few hours here. Then I'll pick up my groceries at Walmart and head on home. Not as convenient but I'm not paying to do laundry in a run down ramshackle barn with an obstacle course to the washers.

:: The week ahead...NO VIPs will be coming! Yay! Wednesday, I'm taking Poppy in to the vet to have her nails lasered since she won't let us do it any longer. The good news is that we are postponing Ocho's surgery for his spot -- we've been giving him prednisone for the inflammation and I've been using a mixture of coconut oil and Frankincense essential oil on his spot 2-3 times daily, and it is showing some improvement. It looks like new skin is growing, and some hair. We're going to give it a few more weeks of this treatment and see what we have. The spot may not go away, but if we can keep it from growing and get it to heal up, that would be good. We don't want to put Ocho through the trauma of surgery if we don't have to since he is almost 12.

:: Also this week -- my scrapbook retreat!! Kim and I will be leaving Thursday morning at 6:30 am and heading to Dallas!!!!! We have been looking forward to this for months now and it is almost here! I did some packing for it and I am ready!! We have a group of 12 -- all our girls from our scrapbook group except one, but she has joined us at the last two retreats we've done. It will be a fun group and a great, relaxing four days. Can't wait!!! We'll be home Sunday evening, and then I am also off work on Monday to recover, ha ha!! I'll be able to do all of my normal weekend things and get caught up.

I hope you all have a good week ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment