February 25, 2018

Weekend Update

This was a very nice, very relaxing weekend...for me! For Chris, not so much! He had some killer workouts this weekend, so he spent hours on those and is pretty pooped out now!!

:: Friday, I came home after work and fed the puppers and spent a little time with them while Chris went to the YMCA to do his swim workout. Then we met at Mimi and Aspen's house so that he could finish getting his new bike put together. He needed it for his long ride on Saturday. That took just a little time and then we headed to dinner at Lucy's...I tried their chicken nuggets (not so good) but then had their homemade chocolate ice cream (so so so so yum!). Then we went home to relax and watch some Olympics. I also did some reading - I am really enjoying my current book, called The Broken Girls. This was my February Book of the Month selection, and I'm about halfway through -- it's a bit creepy and I think it's only going to get more so!!

:: Saturday, we slept in a bit and then I went to pick up some breakfast from Casa Cozumel -- that was pretty tasty! Then Chris did a 5 hour workout. Yes, you heard me correctly!! He did a 4 hour ride on his new bike (after we took some photos -- you can see it over on my Instagram or his, if you're curious!!). After his ride, he had to immediately run for an hour more, at very specific times. Long afternoon for him! While he was off doing that, I enjoyed a relaxing afternoon -- I worked on some things on my computer, then did some reading and snuggling with the puppers. The weather was beautiful (in the 70s!!), so I had the door open and the breeze felt so nice. Ahhhh!

:: Later that evening, we went and had dinner at Mian Bistro -- I tried the ramen soup for the first time and it was pretty good!! It was NOT better than the orange chicken that I typically get, so I probably won't get it again. But I was happy to try it. Then we had a Nikki's frozen yogurt treat afterwards and headed home to relax.

:: Sunday - Chris had a 100 minute run and I did chores. The Walking Dead returns this evening, but we can't watch it until tomorrow since we don't have the channel to watch it live. Ready to see how they wrap up this season, and then we'll decide if we're going to watch it next season...it just hasn't been as good.

:: This coming week, I've got Book Club on Thursday and Chris is having dinner with his boss Thursday, too. The rest of the week should be fairly normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment