July 15, 2018

Scrapbook Retreat Weekend!

What a fun weekend I had!

This was the scrapbook retreat weekend! It was held at Kim's house, and took place all day Saturday and all day Sunday. It was fun, and so productive!!

I got there on Saturday at 9:00 am. I got everything unpacked and then looked through 900 layouts that Kim finished up recently!!! That was good to look through, and she was so happy to have those all accomplished. She's worked very hard to get caught up and now she is!

Then I got to work! I had a list of things I wanted to work on.

1. Ironman 70.3 Texas -- the half triathlon from early April
2. A memorium album about Ocho
3. Ironman Texas - the full triathlon from late April

Since everything that I do is on my phone through the Project Life app, it gets a little tiring on my eyes and upper back/shoulders. But, I hooked up a blue tooth keyboard, and that made the journaling a lot easier!

I am happy to report that I finished #1 and #2 on my list above!! The 70.3 album was well underway when I arrived...I just needed to fine tune everything and do all of the journaling, which takes awhile. I had to do the Ocho album from scratch, so that included placing the photos, choosing the art cards, and doing all of the journaling. I got it all done, proofread it all, and loaded it up for ordering. Then hit Place Order on both! Can't wait to receive them both.

Chris and I were going to meet somewhere for dinner Saturday evening, but after we couldn't decide on a place, I told him Kim had made chicken spaghetti and he decided to just come over and join us since he loves that! It was so fun having him there, and he stayed for dinner until 10:00 and then we both went home. Earlier in the day, Mimi had come out to see him and they went to lunch at the local Mexican place -- they make great burgers and Mimi wanted to try one. They had a nice time together.

Sunday, I was back at Kim's around 9:00 again and had another full day or productivity. It was a good time with the girls -- we had a decent size group! Me, Kim, Allison, Pam, Paula, Terry, her daughter-in-law Leanna, and Roxanne. We talked and laughed and enjoy our time together.

Weekends like these are so nice! I don't have to worry about anything else and can just relax a bit and enjoy the hobby that I love.

Now, another week is about to begin...I'm getting my hair done on Tuesday...I have a VIP presentation on Wednesday...and we are back to Fredericksburg for the weekend in hopes of getting more accomplished. I hope you have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment