July 28, 2019

Update

We are continuing to get adjusted to our new normal in Fred...we are honestly still trying to wrap our heads around the face that this home now! It still feels pretty surreal.

Remote work is going great - I am able to get so much done in the quiet, and I love the new routine I'm getting in to. Chris is still working to define his role and figure out his new routine...he doesn't like the quiet so much :) This weekend, the cable we were waiting on was delivered, so we were able to wire the internet modem to my office. Now I won't have to run to the living room every time my phone rings! Big thank you to my hubby who sweated it out in the hot attic to make this happen.

Saturday, we went out to Albert, TX -- there's a dance hall there, but during the day there is a cute rustic bar and tables under the trees and a great view. It was a very relaxing way to spend a little time. Then we met friends at Becker for free wine, and then tried a new tasting room across the street. That evening, we had dinner at Cultures and relaxed.

Sunday, as normal -- church, grocery pick up and chores. Chris discovered one of the air condition hoses had a hole in it in the attic, so he has gone to the store to see what he can get to fix that. Explains why our bedroom as been a little warm!

We are at 34 days until our cruise! I purchased three swimsuits online and am hoping one of them, at least, will fit! I need to start figuring out what clothes to take and see if anything else is needed.

I'm also waiting on: the piece of custom art we ordered for over our bed (this will take a few weeks); the sink we ordered from Lowes for the kitchen (not sure when it will be ready for pickup); a duvet for the guest bedroom (should come this week!); and some albums/protectors so I can finish up organizing all of my traditional scrapbooks (hopefully this week!).

That's about it, for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment