August 04, 2019

life is full

:: Today is our 12th anniversary! Twelve years sounds like such a very long time, but in all honesty, it feels like it has flown by. We have been incredibly blessed with so many phenomenal experiences, and we have had our share of tragedy and sorrow. We have gone through it all together, and there is no one else I'd rather do this life with! As we now dwell in the place where we had our wedding all those years ago, it's a dream come true!

:: The guest bedroom duvet came in and I love it! I'm waiting to order the art for above that bed, and then the pillows/throw blanket to match that. Then that room will be done for now.

:: My swimsuit order came in, too -- 2 of the 3 suits fit great, so that was a success! I'm sending the other one back, and will try to feel as confident as I can in this body that is nowhere near swimsuit-ready. I've got four more weeks to help that out as much as possible, so we shall see. I'm just hoping to fit back into the majority of clothing that I need to take!

:: All of my scrapbook albums and protectors came in, and I was able to spend some time getting almost 300 loose scrapbook pages organized. Now all 35 scrapbooks line one shelf in a closet, and we are going to need to install a bracket to support the weight!

:: I received a photo of our custom art for over the master bed, and that should be shipping soon!! I looks awesome! It's coming from Russia, so it will take a little time to get here.

:: Our sink is finally here! Chris finally called on it, and it was delivered but nothing online was updated. So that was interesting. But, we have it in hand and it's very pretty. We took the old sink out yesterday evening (well...Chris mostly!!), and everything is prepped and ready to finish up today hopefully. We (Chris mostly with me assisting!!) will get the sink installed, the new faucet installed, and the garbage disposal installed (currently, we've not had a disposal, and I am sooooo excited!!!). I will post before and after photos on Instagram, of course :)

:: Church was good today...our church here, Oak Hills, is a branch location of Max Lucado's main church. On August 25, Max Lucado will be coming to our church for a big celebration, because our church is breaking off to become its own church and changing names to Bridge Church. Should be fantastic to hear such a big personality speak in our home church!

:: This coming week will be Chris' first full week in Fred -- the past three weeks, he has had to travel to Abilene for either work or to take Mimi to a doctor's appt. He is excited to work on getting into a routine.

:: Our weekend has been good - Friday, we did the First Friday Art Walk, where the galleries in town stay open late and serve free wine and snacks. We had fun hanging out with Don, Pam, Jason, Crystal and the boys, and even met some people too! Then we all had dinner at the Brewery and enjoyed talking with them! Saturday was a full day - Chris did a 4 hour bike ride, and I did my workout and made the grocery list. Then we went to Kerrville to pick up the sink and have lunch at Taco Casa. Then we came home and hit up two wineries for free wine, and our friend John Wylie, who is in town, met us at one of them to visit. Then Chris and I had BBQ for dinner and worked on removing the sink in the kitchen. Today, we went to church, picked up groceries, ran a few errands, and did laundry. Chris is currently doing a 2 hour bike ride. Then, we will do something fun for our anniversary...maybe a winery and dinner at Alamo Springs. We just love that place - it's rustic and relaxed and the food is so good. Then we'll do more with the sink! A very nice weekend, in my opinion!

:: On Monday, we are going to have dinner with John before he leaves town...the rest of the week should be normal! I'm counting down the days until my Mom's upcoming visit (19 days until we get her at the airport!!!) and until our anniversary cruise (27 days!!!). Looking forward to some relaxing time off work!

Well, that turned into a long blog :) If you've read this far, I hope you all have a fabulous week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment