December 30, 2019

Reflecting on 2019's One Word - TRUST

It's that time of year where I like to do some reflecting on the year that is drawing to a close.

For 2019, I decided to choose one word to focus on, and I feel like that was a big success for me. TRUST was my word. And in a year that was full of quite a bit of big life changes, I couldn't have chosen a better word!

I feel like this word really helped me get out of my own head with all my worries and obsessive asking of "why, how"...being intentional about praying and trusting and knowing that God is in control and everything would work out according to his plan gave me a sense of calm and peace like I have never known.

Don't get me wrong...I did still struggle. But as the year continued, I felt like it was getting easier and easier to trust. 

Our 2019:

: We sold our RV and moved in to our townhouse
: We lived in the townhouse for about 3 months
: We asked to take on different roles within our company so that we could work remote
: Our going remote caused a lot of structure changes within our departments
: We moved to Fredericksburg

For one year, that seems like a lot of change :) Especially for someone who thrives on consistency!!
As we begin 2020, there is still a lot of trusting to be done. I feel God working...it's so neat to see his plan fall in to place. I will continue to work on trust, even as I take on a new word for 2020. More details on that to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment